Can't Download Mingw

Marcus Jacobs
Dear Group

I have tried downloading Mingw from the following site and yet nothing
happens:

http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/MinGW-4.1.0.exe?download

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?

Regards,

Marc

Re: Can't Download Mingw

Саша Иваненко

Yes, I am experiencing the same problems. Both this IE and Mozilla. I work through the proxy.

> I have tried downloading Mingw from the following site and yet nothing
> happens:
>
> http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/MinGW-4.1.0.exe?download
>

> Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?
>

> Regards,
>
> Marc

Re: Can't Download Mingw

Leif W

Yes.  Earnie has opened a support ticket with SourceForge.  For now,
replace "sf" with the full name of "sourceforge".

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/MinGW-4.1.0.exe?download

I've checked a few other names.  Some of the *.sf.net hosts resolve to
the internal IP, some resolve to the external IP.

One example is host name mysql.sf.net, which resolves to the (wrong)
external IP of the projects server, while mysql.sourceforge.net resolves
to the internal IP (10.*.*.* reserved for non-routables, i.e. LANs).

In the case of prdownloads host, they both resolve to the same external
IP, but there's a difference in the way the server responds.  My guess
is different virtual hosts in Apache, where prdownloads.sourceforge.net
goes to the right one, and prdownloads.sf.net has been removed or
reconfigured and goes to a default blank page (response has
Content-Length 0, so it's as blank as it gets).  I test the
"default/removed" theory by requesting the IP, and it returns the same
blankness.  http://66.35.250.217/  This changed within the past week or
few days or so.

I don't know if SourceForge intends to have *.sourceforge.net and
*.sf.net hosts behave exactly the same, completely differnt, or
depending on a host by host basis.

Leif

Re: Can't Download Mingw

On 2:05:19 pm 2005-07-04 ???? ????????  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, I am experiencing the same problems. Both this IE and Mozilla. I
> work through the proxy.

The short link is broken at SF.  I've a support ticket open with SF.  The
full name of the link works.