Cannot install mingw-get-setup.exe

GARCIA Julien
Dear Sir or Madam,
I wanted to install MinGW+MSYS from the installer http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/
The installation failed and the errors are written below. Can you help me please? Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Dr. Julien Garcia
mingw-get: *** WARNING *** http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mingw-get-0.6.2-mingw32-beta-20131004-1-bin.tar.xz?download: opened with unexpected status: code = 407
mingw-get: *** WARNING *** please report this to the mingw-get maintainer
mingw-get: *** WARNING *** http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mingw-get-0.6.2-mingw32-beta-20131004-1-gui.tar.xz?download: opened with unexpected status: code = 407
mingw-get: *** WARNING *** please report this to the mingw-get maintainer
mingw-get: *** WARNING *** http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mingw-get-0.6.2-mingw32-beta-20131004-1-lic.tar.xz?download: opened with unexpected status: code = 407
mingw-get: *** WARNING *** please report this to the mingw-get maintainer
mingw-get: *** WARNING *** please report this to the mingw-get maintainer
mingw-get: *** WARNING *** please report this to the mingw-get maintainer
mingw-get: *** INFO *** setup: unpacking mingw-get-0.6.2-mingw32-beta-20131004-1-bin.tar.xz
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** unpack: required archive file is not available
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** unpack: aborted due to previous download failure
mingw-get: *** INFO *** setup: unpacking mingw-get-0.6.2-mingw32-beta-20131004-1-gui.tar.xz
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** unpack: required archive file is not available
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** unpack: aborted due to previous download failure
mingw-get: *** INFO *** setup: unpacking mingw-get-0.6.2-mingw32-beta-20131004-1-lic.tar.xz
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** unpack: required archive file is not available
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** unpack: aborted due to previous download failure
mingw-get: *** INFO *** setup: unpacking mingw-get-setup-0.6.2-mingw32-beta-20131004-1-dll.tar.xz
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** unpack: required archive file is not available
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** unpack: aborted due to previous download failure
mingw-get: *** INFO *** setup: unpacking mingw-get-setup-0.6.2-mingw32-beta-20131004-1-xml.tar.xz
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** unpack: required archive file is not available
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** unpack: aborted due to previous download failure
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** setup: unable to continue

Re: Cannot install mingw-get-setup.exe

Keith Marshall-3
On 13/05/15 16:28, David Gressett wrote:
> <many error messages snipped out>
>
> Delete everything downloaded and any directories  created by the
> failed attempt and start over. The files downloaded were corrupted.

I think not.  Those error messages, which you snipped, show that every
file which should have been downloaded was refused, with an HTTP 407
exception.  That means that *his* proxy server refused to authorize
*him* to complete the transaction, which in turn suggests that his proxy
server is not correctly configured to support Microsoft's normal
internetworking authentication protocols, (where his login to the
Windows domain would be sufficient for all such activity).