E-mail software for this list

David Gressett-5
What would be the best e-mail client for  Windows to use for
communication  with the mingw-users and mingw-dvlpr lists?

Microsoft Outlook is a flaming heap of garbage,and the various
web-based mail systems that I have seen are only a little better
than that.

Re: E-mail software for this list

Emanuel Falkenauer
I agree: Outlook must be the worst program ever written by man. I'm on
Thunderbird, it's frankly excellent.

On 26-Feb-17 04:00, David Gressett wrote:

> What would be the best e-mail client for  Windows to use for
> communication  with the mingw-users and mingw-dvlpr lists?
>
> Microsoft Outlook is a flaming heap of garbage,and the various
> web-based mail systems that I have seen are only a little better
> than that.

> http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.

Re: E-mail software for this list

Emanuel Falkenauer
Addendum: for lists/forums like Mingw, Thunderbird offers the very cool
button "Reply List".  ;-)

When Thunderbird (TB) suddenly ceased to function on my machines some
five years ago, I switched to Outlook because I desperately needed an
e-mail client immediately... but got so disgusted with the monstrosity
that I went those hundred extra miles to rebuild TB from sources and
debug it to figure out what was wrong. Took me three full days... but I
did find the bug (as well as an immediate workaround), which was duly
corrected by the TB team just a few versions later.
I returned to TB... and boy were those three days well spent!

On 2/25/2017 10:25 PM, Emanuel Falkenauer wrote:
> I agree: Outlook must be the worst program ever written by man. I'm on
> Thunderbird, it's frankly excellent.

I'm using Thunderbird with the Enigmail and Thunderbird Conversations
extensions.  Enigmail for PGP and Conversations for a threaded view of
all mail regardless of where I filter it to.  Conversations also allows
for reading your Inbox of multiple email accounts in one folder view.