Exception code = 0xc00000fd: what's this about?

Exception code = 0xc00000fd: what's this about?

Andre Somers
Hi,

I am running into a strange situation. I am trying to compile the
Bugless Qt zip library (http://bugless.co.uk/products/zip/zip.html)
using MinGW on Windows XP-64 (32-bits build). The build itself seems to
go fine, but at one point I get this error:

mingw32-make: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc00000fd, addr =
0x4ff283)
mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 255

There are no errors that I can find in the output before this statement.
The last command issued by make just before this error is:

g++ -c -O2 -Wall -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -DUNICODE
-DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT
-DBUGLESS_ZIP -DBUGLESS_TAR -DBUGLESS_GZIP -DDEBUG -DQT_NO_DEBUG
-DQT_GUI_LIB -D
QT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I'c:/Devel/Qt/4.4.2/include/QtCore'
-I'c:/Devel
/Qt/4.4.2/include/QtCore' -I'c:/Devel/Qt/4.4.2/include/QtGui'
-I'c:/Devel/Qt/4.4
.2/include/QtGui' -I'c:/Devel/Qt/4.4.2/include' -I'zip'
-I'c:/Devel/Qt/4.4.2/src
/3rdparty/zlib' -I'tar' -I'util' -I'../include'
-I'c:/Devel/Qt/4.4.2/include/Act
iveQt' -I'release' -I'.' -I'c:/Devel/Qt/4.4.2/mkspecs/default' -o
release/moc_Ar
chive.o release/moc_Archive.cpp

 and afterwards compilation stops with the above mentioned error.

I really have no clue what could be wrong here, and the error message
itself does not provide me with much to go on. I would be grateful for
any pointers you could give me on where I might learn more on this
issue, and possibly how to solve it.

Some more info:

make --version returns:

GNU Make 3.80

g++ --version returns:
g++ (GCC) 3.4.2 (mingw-special)

Thanks,

André

Most annoying abuses are:
1) Top posting
2) Thread hijacking
3) HTML/MIME encoded mail
4) Improper quoting
5) Improper trimming

Re: Exception code = 0xc00000fd: what's this about?

Kai Tietz
Andre Somers <[hidden email]> wrote on 20.03.2009 12:50:07:

> Hi,
>
> I am running into a strange situation. I am trying to compile the
> Bugless Qt zip library (http://bugless.co.uk/products/zip/zip.html)
> using MinGW on Windows XP-64 (32-bits build). The build itself seems to
> go fine, but at one point I get this error:
>
> mingw32-make: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc00000fd, addr =
> 0x4ff283)
> mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 255
>
> There are no errors that I can find in the output before this statement.

> The last command issued by make just before this error is:
>
> g++ -c -O2 -Wall -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -DUNICODE
> -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT
> -DBUGLESS_ZIP -DBUGLESS_TAR -DBUGLESS_GZIP -DDEBUG -DQT_NO_DEBUG
> -DQT_GUI_LIB -D
> QT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I'c:/Devel/Qt/4.4.2/include/QtCore'
> -I'c:/Devel
> /Qt/4.4.2/include/QtCore' -I'c:/Devel/Qt/4.4.2/include/QtGui'
> -I'c:/Devel/Qt/4.4
> .2/include/QtGui' -I'c:/Devel/Qt/4.4.2/include' -I'zip'
> -I'c:/Devel/Qt/4.4.2/src
> /3rdparty/zlib' -I'tar' -I'util' -I'../include'
> -I'c:/Devel/Qt/4.4.2/include/Act
> iveQt' -I'release' -I'.' -I'c:/Devel/Qt/4.4.2/mkspecs/default' -o
> release/moc_Ar
> chive.o release/moc_Archive.cpp
>
>  and afterwards compilation stops with the above mentioned error.
>
> I really have no clue what could be wrong here, and the error message
> itself does not provide me with much to go on. I would be grateful for
> any pointers you could give me on where I might learn more on this
> issue, and possibly how to solve it.
>
> Some more info:
>
> make --version returns:
>
> GNU Make 3.80
>
> g++ --version returns:
> g++ (GCC) 3.4.2 (mingw-special)
>
> Thanks,
>
> André

Hello André,

what you got here in make is a stack-overflow. So possibly you need to
increase the reserved stack of your make.

Cheers,
Kai

|  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
| (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain
| (")_(") world domination.

Most annoying abuses are:
1) Top posting
2) Thread hijacking
3) HTML/MIME encoded mail
4) Improper quoting
5) Improper trimming

Re: Exception code = 0xc00000fd: what's this about?

Greg Chicares-2
On 2009-03-20 11:50Z, Andre Somers wrote:

> mingw32-make: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc00000fd, addr =
> 0x4ff283)
> mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 255
>
> There are no errors that I can find in the output before this statement.
> The last command issued by make just before this error is:
>
> g++ -c -O2 -Wall -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -DUNICODE [...]

Try running that command from the command line. If it fails in the
same way, then you've ruled out 'make' as the ultimate cause; and
you might get a more informative message, unfiltered by 'make'.

> make --version returns:
>
> GNU Make 3.80

That's old, and make-3.81 is better. If you can run the command
successfully from the command line, then upgrade 'make'. (I'd
upgrade it anyway.)

> g++ --version returns:
> g++ (GCC) 3.4.2 (mingw-special)

That's old, too. If you cannot run the command successfully
from the command line, then try 3.4.5 instead.

Most annoying abuses are:
1) Top posting
2) Thread hijacking
3) HTML/MIME encoded mail