Find command's speed in msys is far lower than one in real Linux

Find command's speed in msys is far lower than one in real Linux

Marvin Zhang-2
HI all,
I'm trying to run this command: find -iname '*.[ch]' -o -iname
'*.[ch]pp' > cscope.files . With same folder, I found the speed is far
lower than in real Linux. Do you have similar experiments?
Thanks.
Marvin

Re: Find command's speed in msys is far lower than one in real Linux

Earnie Boyd
The preferred list for this question is [hidden email].

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM, Marvin Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> HI all,
> I'm trying to run this command: find -iname '*.[ch]' -o -iname
> '*.[ch]pp' > cscope.files . With same folder, I found the speed is far
> lower than in real Linux. Do you have similar experiments?

It is Windows and MSYS just pretends to be POSIX.  Anything windows
though will be slower than Linux, it is just fact.