Fwd: [Mingw-msys] find lacks -L option

Earnie Boyd
This didn't make the archives.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, May 8, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Subject: Re: [Mingw-msys] [Mingw-users] find lacks -L option
To: [hidden email]

The MinGW-MSYS mailining list is deprecated.  You are advised to use
the MinGW-Users list
(https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users) instead.

Re: Fwd: [Mingw-msys] find lacks -L option

Andrew Pennebaker

The MinGW-MSYS mailining list is deprecated.  You are advised to use
the MinGW-Users list
(https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users) instead.

And MinGW-Users said to post this to MinGW-MSYS. Okay...

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker

Re: Fwd: [Mingw-msys] find lacks -L option

Earnie Boyd
On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Andrew Pennebaker
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> The MinGW-MSYS mailining list is deprecated.  You are advised to use
>> the MinGW-Users list
>> (https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users) instead.
>

> And MinGW-Users said to post this to MinGW-MSYS. Okay...

Who said it?  They were wrong!

Re: Fwd: [Mingw-msys] find lacks -L option

Keith Marshall-3
On 11/05/13 20:21, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Andrew Pennebaker
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> The MinGW-MSYS mailining list is deprecated.  You are advised to use
>>> the MinGW-Users list
>>> (https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users) instead.
>>

>> And MinGW-Users said to post this to MinGW-MSYS. Okay...
>
> Who said it?  They were wrong!

I don't think anyone said it.  The OP may have misinterpreted Eli's
clarification, telling him that there is no such thing as MinGW find,
and that he was presumably referring to MSYS find.  It may have been
interpreted as such, but I don't believe that was intended to direct the
OP elsewhere -- especially not to a list we've been trying to kill off
for the last three years or so.  Well, it should now resist any further
efforts to post to it.

Re: Fwd: [Mingw-msys] find lacks -L option

Eli Zaretskii
> Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 20:38:26 +0100
> From: Keith Marshall <[hidden email]>
>
> On 11/05/13 20:21, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> >> And MinGW-Users said to post this to MinGW-MSYS. Okay...
> >
> > Who said it?  They were wrong!
>
> I don't think anyone said it.  The OP may have misinterpreted Eli's
> clarification, telling him that there is no such thing as MinGW find,
> and that he was presumably referring to MSYS find.  It may have been
> interpreted as such, but I don't believe that was intended to direct the
> OP elsewhere

Of course, not!