Quantcast

Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2

RAPPAZ Francois
Hi there

Since straweberry perl and msys2 are based on mingw, I tried to post my question here. Sorry if I'm off topic.

I'm on W7 and I'm trying to compile Gtk modules for perl (strawberry perl 5.24): I have installed the gtk2 suite using msys2 (https://msys2.github.io/) in c:/msys64

I get a lot of error with undefined reference when compiling and I see that the pc files in C:\msys64\mingw32\lib\pkgconfig
all have prefix=/mingw32 instead of the full path C:/msys64/mingw32

therefore the Libs and Cflags defined in these files miss the beginning of the path ?

My environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH is defined as C:\strawberry\c\lib\pkgconfig;C:\msys64\mingw32\lib\pkgconfig
I thought of copying all the files in C:/msys64/mingw32/pkgconfig2 and change the path in the pc files but there is probably a better solution (or my compilations problems stem not from here...)

I'm not an expert in these matter (as you may have noted) but I hope someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

François

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are
consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity planning
reports. http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=1444514421&iu=/41014381
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2

sisyphus1
-----Original Message-----
From: RAPPAZ Francois
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:26 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Mingw-users] Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2

> Hi there
>
> Since straweberry perl and msys2 are based on mingw, I tried to post my
> question here. Sorry if I'm off topic.

I think it probably *is* OT here.
That doesn't bother me, but you could try the Strawberry Perl mailing list
if it bothers others (or you).

> I get a lot of error with undefined reference when compiling and I see
> that the pc files in C:\msys64\mingw32\lib\pkgconfig all have
> prefix=/mingw32 instead of the full path C:/msys64/mingw32
> therefore the Libs and Cflags defined in these files miss the beginning of
> the path ?

In the Gtk+ pc files that I have, Cflags is used only to specify the
location of the header files.
If you're getting undefined references then this would indicate that the
header files are being found ok anyway, and it's only the library files that
are not being located.

Does it help if you set the LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to the
location of the Libs:

set LIBRARY_PATH=C:\msys64\mingw32\lib

Also my Gtk+ pc files specify a non-existent location, but that hasn't
stopped me from building the perl Gtk2 modules.
For example, my cairo.pc looks like:

##############################################
prefix=/devel/target/1315da81bb4f4a54ee1f3f8d6181abe2
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: cairo
Description: Multi-platform 2D graphics library
Version: 1.10.2

Requires.private:  gobject-2.0 glib-2.0       fontconfig >= 2.2.95 freetype2
 >= 9.7.3  libpng
Libs: -L${libdir} -lcairo
Libs.private:        -lz -lz
Cflags: -I${includedir}/cairo
##############################################

But the "prefix" directory is non-existent on my machine.

Oh ... one more thing (and it might be important) is that with windows perl
'-lfoo' will (I think) enable linking to libfoo.a, but *not* to
libfoo.dll.a.
In my Gtk+ installation I have therefore copied every *.dll.a file to *.a
file (eg my lib folder contains both libcairo.dll.a and an identical
libcairo.a - the latter having been created solely for the benefit of perl.)

See if any of that helps.

Cheers,
Rob



 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are
consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity planning
reports. http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=1444514421&iu=/41014381
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2

Keith Marshall-3
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 16/06/16 15:59, [hidden email] wrote:
> From: RAPPAZ Francois Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:26 PM
>> Since straweberry perl and msys2 are based on mingw, I tried to
>> post my question here. Sorry if I'm off topic.
>
> I think it probably *is* OT here.

It is; neither strawberry perl nor msys2 is formally supported here.

> Oh ... one more thing (and it might be important) is that with
> windows perl '-lfoo' will (I think) enable linking to libfoo.a,
> but *not* to libfoo.dll.a.

That statement smells fishy, because it suggests behaviour which is
the exact opposite of the GNU linker's default; unless you explicitly
pass:

  ... -Wl,-Bstatic -lfoo ...

through the GNU compiler driver, then as it searches in each library
directory, the GNU linker will first look for libfoo.dll.a, and only
if it isn't found, will it go on to look for libfoo.a.  It is
precisely this arrangement that allows you to have both an import
library called libfoo.dll.a, and a static library called libfoo.a in
the same library directory, and choose between dynamic linking (by
default), or static linking (by virtue of -Bstatic causing
libfoo.dll.a to be ignored), when you invoke the linker.

- --
Regards,
Keith.

Public key available from keys.gnupg.net
Key fingerprint: C19E C018 1547 DE50 E1D4 8F53 C0AD 36C6 347E 5A3F
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.20 (GNU/Linux)
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=s+mp
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are
consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity planning
reports. http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=1444514421&iu=/41014381
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2

sisyphus1


-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Marshall
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 1:33 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2

>> I think it probably *is* OT here.
>
> It is; neither strawberry perl nor msys2 is formally supported here.

I don't think the Strawberry Perl mailing list formally supports msys2
either - but Strawberry Perl itself ships with a number of C libraries that
were built in the msys2 shell, so I think that leaves the door a little open
for some msys-related questions.

>> Oh ... one more thing (and it might be important) is that with
>> windows perl '-lfoo' will (I think) enable linking to libfoo.a,
>> but *not* to libfoo.dll.a.
>
> That statement smells fishy, because it suggests behaviour which is the
> exact opposite of the GNU linker's default;

I guess I should have elaborated. I was a little loathe to do so because of
its OTness.

The problem is that when ExtUtils::MakeMaker writes the Makefile for the
compilation (during 'perl Makefile.PL' step) it will check whether libfoo.a
is locatable, but not whether libfoo.dll.a is locatable.

If libfoo.a cannot be located then the '-lfoo' will not appear in the
generated Makefile - and any symbols resolved by libfoo.dll.a will remain
unresolved.

ExtUtils::MakeMaker *should* really also check for the presence of
libfoo.dll.a and remove the '-lfoo' link that the user supplied iff
libfoo.dll.a is also un-locatable .... and perhaps recent versions of
ExtUtils::MakeMaker do that. (I don't think they do, but I haven't checked
in a while.)

Cheers,
Rob









------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are
consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity planning
reports. http://sdm.link/zohomanageengine
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2

sisyphus1
In reply to this post by RAPPAZ Francois
-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 1:15 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2

> (I don't think they do, but I haven't checked in a while.)

Just thought I should probably check that - and ExtUtils::MakeMaker version
7.1001 (which is probably the version that the OP has) does, in fact check
for the existence of the .dll.a import library.
So that piece of advice probably *was* irrelevant for the OP, after all.

Cheers,
Rob








------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are
consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity planning
reports. http://sdm.link/zohomanageengine
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2

RAPPAZ Francois
My MakeMaker version is 7.16

I create the makefile with

perl Makefile.pl INC="-IC:/strawberry/c/include/freetype2 -IC:/msys64/mingw32/include/cairo -IC:/msys64/mingw32/include -I. -I./build" LIBS="-Lc:/msys64/mingw32/lib" verbose

Without the INC arg the header files are not found.

Part of the output from perl Makefile.pl is
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using PERL=C:\strawberry\perl\bin\perl.exe
Potential libraries are '-L/mingw32/lib -lcairo -lfreetype -lmoldname -lkernel32
 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32
-lnetapi32 -luuid -lws2_32 -lmpr -lwinmm -lversion -lodbc32 -lodbccp32 -lcomctl3
2':
-L/mingw32/lib ignored, directory does not exist
'-lcairo' not found as 'libcairo.a'
'-lcairo' not found as 'C:/STRAWB~1/c/lib\libcairo.a'
'-lcairo' not found as 'C:/STRAWB~1/c/i686-w64-mingw32/lib\libcairo.a'
'-lcairo' not found as 'C:/STRAWB~1/c/lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.2\libcairo.a'
'-lcairo' not found as 'C:\STRAWB~1\perl\lib/CORE\libcairo.a'
'-lcairo' found as 'C:\msys64\mingw32\lib\libcairo.a'
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My C:\msys64\mingw32\lib folder has
libcairo.a (1463 KB)
libcairo.dll.a (260 KB)

Setting the LIBRARY_PATH does not removed the error
For example:
C:\msys64\mingw32\lib\libcairo.a(cairo-deflate-stream.o):(.text+0xbb): undefined reference to `deflateEnd'
C:\msys64\mingw32\lib\libcairo.a(cairo-deflate-stream.o):(.text+0x1d1): undefined reference to `deflateInit_'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I backed up  C:\msys64\mingw32\lib on C:\msys64\mingw32\lib_old and followed Rob suggestion in copying *.dll.a on *.a files. Now my lib folder has identical libcairo.a and libcairo.dll.a files of 260 kb.

Dmake does not gives any linking errors ...

but the test fails with a msgbox "The procedure entry point thread_setname_np could not be located in the dynamic link library libwinprthread-1.dll" and in the console:
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/CairoPattern.t line 23. t/CairoPattern.t .. Dubious, test returned 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
Failed 48/48 subtests t/CairoRegion.t ... Can't load 'C:\strawberry\cpan\1466066656.5212\Cairo-1.106\b lib\arch/auto/Cairo/Cairo.xs.dll' for module Cairo: load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/strawberry/perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 193.  at t/CairoRegion.t line 13. Compilation failed in require at t/CairoRegion.t line 13.

Thanks for bearing with me !

François

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: vendredi, 17. juin 2016 05:48
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 1:15 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2
>
> > (I don't think they do, but I haven't checked in a while.)
>
> Just thought I should probably check that - and ExtUtils::MakeMaker
> version
> 7.1001 (which is probably the version that the OP has) does, in fact
> check for the existence of the .dll.a import library.
> So that piece of advice probably *was* irrelevant for the OP, after
> all.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -------
> What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and
> protocols are consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor
> support for NetFlow, J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed
> decisions using capacity planning reports.
> http://sdm.link/zohomanageengine
> _______________________________________________
> MinGW-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
>
> This list observes the Etiquette found at
> http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
> We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list
> etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.
>
> _______________________________________________
> You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
> Also: mailto:mingw-users-
> [hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are
consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity planning
reports. http://sdm.link/zohomanageengine
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2

sisyphus1
-----Original Message-----
From: RAPPAZ Francois
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 5:13 PM
To: MinGW Users List
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2

> but the test fails with a msgbox "The procedure entry point
> thread_setname_np could not be located in the dynamic link library
> libwinprthread-1.dll" and in the console:
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/CairoPattern.t line 23.
> t/CairoPattern.t .. Dubious, test returned 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
> Failed 48/48 subtests t/CairoRegion.t ... Can't load
> 'C:\strawberry\cpan\1466066656.5212\Cairo-1.106\b
> lib\arch/auto/Cairo/Cairo.xs.dll' for module Cairo: load_file:The
> specified procedure could not be found at
> C:/strawberry/perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 193.  at t/CairoRegion.t line
> 13. Compilation failed in require at t/CairoRegion.t line 13.
>
> Thanks for bearing with me !

Was the problem entry point really named "thread_setname_np" ?
I think that might have been an error in your transcription - and the entry
point that's causing the problem was, in fact, "pthread_setname_np".
(IIRC it's actually quite easy to copy'n'paste the msgbox message ....
though I've forgotten precisely how to do that right now :-)

I can find that entry point in the libwinpthread-1.dll that ships with
mingw-w64 ports of gcc-5.3.0, but not in the libwinpthread-1.dll of the
mingw-w64 port of gcc-4.9.2 that ships with StrawberryPerl-5.24.0 (or
earlier).
So .... it seems to me that you don't have the version of
libwinpthread-1.dll that your Gtk+ installation expects. And that would be
the problem.

This is now getting rather specific to Strawberry Perl - and we probably
should move this to a different mailing list.
(Also the gcc port that Strawberry Perl uses does not even come from
mingw.org. Instead it is provided by the "other mob" (mingw-w64) - and
that's another reason we should move this discussion elsewhere.)

And we've hit upon an issue of which the Strawberry Perl developers should
be made aware.

I therefore suggest posting to [hidden email] (which is the
Strawberry Perl mailing list).
Subscription details to that list can be found at
http://lists.perl.org/list/win32-vanilla.html

or you could just send a post to that list without subscribing.

Alternatively, it would be acceptable to post to
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node=Seekers%20of%20Perl%20Wisdom
There's a text box at the bottom of that page where you can enter your
question, and see responses or provide follow-ups at
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node=Newest%20Nodes

You might even like to subscribe to perlmonks, though posts from anonymous
users are also fine.

However, posting to perlmonks will not notify the Strawberry developers of
the issue.

Wherever you post, just provide the output of 'perl -V' and a description of
the problem (such as is provided by the above quote from your post to this
list).
We can always backtrack to other issues if necessary.

(I'm subscribed to both perlmonks and the Strawberry mailing list, and am
happy to follow this up at either place.)

Cheers,
Rob


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are
consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity planning
reports. http://sdm.link/zohomanageengine
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2

Earnie Boyd
In reply to this post by sisyphus1
On 6/16/2016 11:15 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Keith Marshall
> Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 1:33 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2
>
>>> I think it probably *is* OT here.
>>
>> It is; neither strawberry perl nor msys2 is formally supported here.
>
> I don't think the Strawberry Perl mailing list formally supports msys2
> either - but Strawberry Perl itself ships with a number of C libraries that
> were built in the msys2 shell, so I think that leaves the door a little open
> for some msys-related questions.
>

Keith's point is that MinGW.org doesn't distribute MSYS2; we distribute
MSYS.

>
> The problem is that when ExtUtils::MakeMaker writes the Makefile for the
> compilation (during 'perl Makefile.PL' step) it will check whether libfoo.a
> is locatable, but not whether libfoo.dll.a is locatable.
>
> If libfoo.a cannot be located then the '-lfoo' will not appear in the
> generated Makefile - and any symbols resolved by libfoo.dll.a will remain
> unresolved.
>
> ExtUtils::MakeMaker *should* really also check for the presence of
> libfoo.dll.a and remove the '-lfoo' link that the user supplied iff
> libfoo.dll.a is also un-locatable .... and perhaps recent versions of
> ExtUtils::MakeMaker do that. (I don't think they do, but I haven't checked
> in a while.)

The binutils ld will also search for foo.dll and other files when -lfoo
is specified. See the "direct linking to a dll" section of
https://sourceware.org/binutils/docs/ld/WIN32.html.

--
Earnie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are
consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity planning
reports. http://sdm.link/zohomanageengine
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2

RAPPAZ Francois
In reply to this post by RAPPAZ Francois
I renamed my libwinpthread-1.dll (51 KB) and put yours (78 KB) in C:\strawberry\perl\bin

Now the message from the Msgbox is:

The procedure entry point __gxx_personality_v0 could not be located in the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll.


Someone on the gtk-perl list point me to this page
https://project-renard.github.io/doc/development/meeting-log/posts/2016/05/03/windows-build-with-msys2/

and this morning it seems that this command
perl Makefile.pl INC="-IC:/strawberry/c/include/freetype2 -IC:/msys64/mingw32/include/cairo -IC:/msys64/mingw32/include -I. -I./build" LIBS=":nosearch -Lc:/msys64/mingw32/lib -lcairo" verbose

works without copying the *.dll.a on *.a in the c:/msys64/mingw32/lib folder. I tried it last week without success... and this morning it works...

François

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: mardi, 21. juin 2016 11:04
> To: RAPPAZ Francois
> Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: RAPPAZ Francois
> Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2016 4:06 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: RE: [Mingw-users] Help with perl + pkg-config + msys2
>
> > Thanks a lot
> >
> > Note: I have two perl tree folders set up 5.20 and 5.24 (in
> > c:/strawberry_520 and c:/strawberry_524) and I switch to the one I
> > want to use with renaming the top folder to c:/strawberry
>
> Do they both output "MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-64int" for "perl -
> V:archname"
> ?
> (My libwinpthread-1.dll will only work with perls whose archname
> matches "x86" - though I could also provide one that will work with
> perls whose archname matches "x64").
>
> The following may not work, but it's worth a try - and there might be
> other things we can do if it doesn't work.
>
> Grab http://www.sisyphusion.tk/scratch/libwinpthread-1.dll and put it
> somewhere in your path ahead of strawberry/c/bin (which is the location
> of strawberry's libwinpthread-1.dll).
>
> Then see how it goes ...
>
> You could also try overwriting strawberry/c/bin/libwinpthread-1.dll
> with the one I've provided (which comes from gcc-5.3.0) ... but make
> sure you keep a backup of the original handy. (In such a case I would
> just rename the original to something like libwinpthread-1.dll_orig.)
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attend Shape: An AT&T Tech Expo July 15-16. Meet us at AT&T Park in San
Francisco, CA to explore cutting-edge tech and listen to tech luminaries
present their vision of the future. This family event has something for
everyone, including kids. Get more information and register today.
http://sdm.link/attshape
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe
Loading...