Installation to an isolated network

Ed Ahlsen-Girard
What would be the procedure to install mingw to an isolated network
whose nodes never touch the internet at all? Get packages for
customization is not something I'm going to do here.

I fear it means checking out the whole source tree with git or
something, but I am hoping there is a "slurp everything" way to go
about this.

--

Edward Ahlsen-Girard
Ft Walton Beach, FL

Re: Installation to an isolated network

John Brown
On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 07:14:27 -0600, Edward Ahlsen-Girard wrote:

> What would be the procedure to install mingw to an isolated network
> whose nodes never touch the internet at all? Get packages for
> customization is not something I'm going to do here.

The simplest way is:
Assuming that you installed MinGW in C:\MinGW on a machine that
is connected to the Internet, just copy the C:\MinGW folder to
whichever machines need it and add <drive>\MinGW\bin to the PATH.

If you want, you could even set up a  shared folder \\server\share and
copy the MinGW folder under that share and map a drive on each client
PC to \\server\share and add <drive>\MinGW\bin to the PATH.

Alternatively, you can download the archives and expand them yourself.
The archives download by mingw-get are stored in
/mingw/var/cahe/mingw-get/packages
A minimal installation of MinGW requires 4 packages:

gcc-core - on my system
/mingw/var/cache/mingw-get/packages/gcc-core-4.8.1-4-mingw32-bin.tar.lzma
/mingw/var/cache/mingw-get/packages/gcc-core-4.8.1-4-mingw32-dev.tar.lzma
/mingw/var/cache/mingw-get/packages/gcc-core-4.8.1-4-mingw32-dll.tar.lzma
/mingw/var/cache/mingw-get/packages/gcc-core-4.8.1-4-mingw32-lic.tar.lzma

binutils
/mingw/var/cache/mingw-get/packages/binutils-2.24-1-mingw32-bin.tar.xz

mingwrt
/mingw/var/cache/mingw-get/packages/mingwrt-3.21-mingw32-dev.tar.xz
/mingw/var/cache/mingw-get/packages/mingwrt-3.21-mingw32-dll.tar.xz

w32api
/mingw/var/cache/mingw-get/packages/w32api-3.17-2-mingw32-dev.tar.lzma

Extract all the archives into C:\MinGW. Make sure that the directory structure
in the archive is preserved (although that probably happens by default).

I am not sure what the required packages for MSYS are.

Regards,
John Brown.