Is WSL still a viable identification choice for our system libraries?

Is WSL still a viable identification choice for our system libraries?

Re: Is WSL still a viable identification choice for our system libraries?

Earnie Boyd
On 6/11/2016 6:22 AM, Keith Marshall wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I know we used it first, but Microsoft have hijacked WSL, as a TLA
> designation for their "Windows Services for Linux".  We certainly
> don't want to take on Microsoft over it; do we really want to live
> with the potential confusion it may cause, or should we consider an
> alternative for our own use?
>
> Any thoughts?  Alternative suggestions?

The full git package name is mingw-org-wsl.  I think our use of WSL for
Windows System Library is valid and predates Microsoft's use of it.  I
haven't seen any confusion to date about it and Microsoft hasn't issued
a complaint as yet so I think we should leave it alone.  However we
could use the full git package name as the file name if you wish to make
a change.