Linking MS-MPI with MinGW (gfortran)

Andrew Spencer

I am trying to cross-compile my MPI application, prog.exe, from Linux to Windows using a 32bit MinGW cross-compiler. I am trying to link with Microsoft-MPI.

To get my code to compile and link without complaints, in mpi.f90, I replaced INT_PTR_KIND() with 4 (or 8 yields the same results), then compile mpi.f90 with the flag -fdefault-integer-8. Then I link the resulting mpi.o file with my MPI application.

My MPI application now compiles and links without any complaints, but when I try to run the resulting executable under Windows (64bit 8.1 Pro), I get the error message "The procedure entry point mpi_init__ could not be located in the dynamic link library E:\prog.exe". Does anyone know what this means, and why I would get this message when the linker does not complain?

Re: Linking MS-MPI with MinGW (gfortran)

Kai Tietz-2

Hello Andrew

This issue you see is most likely caused by having the mpi.dll neither in PATH-environmemt, nor next to your application.

Kai

Am 10.07.2015 19:16 schrieb "Andrew Spencer" <[hidden email]>:

I am trying to cross-compile my MPI application, prog.exe, from Linux to Windows using a 32bit MinGW cross-compiler. I am trying to link with Microsoft-MPI.

To get my code to compile and link without complaints, in mpi.f90, I replaced INT_PTR_KIND() with 4 (or 8 yields the same results), then compile mpi.f90 with the flag -fdefault-integer-8. Then I link the resulting mpi.o file with my MPI application.

My MPI application now compiles and links without any complaints, but when I try to run the resulting executable under Windows (64bit 8.1 Pro), I get the error message "The procedure entry point mpi_init__ could not be located in the dynamic link library E:\prog.exe". Does anyone know what this means, and why I would get this message when the linker does not complain?

We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.