MinGW-4.1 Installer

Chris Sutcliffe-2
I've noticed a bug in the 4.1 installer.  I select the 'Candidate'
files for the core and compiler options, leaving everything else as is
and I instruct the installer to install to d:\MinGW.  The installer
downloads all the files, but after installing them, only
mingw32-make.exe is in the d:\MinGW\bin directory, nothing else gets
there.

Is there somewhere to log this bug?

Thanx!

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
[hidden email]

Re: MinGW-4.1 Installer

Earnie Boyd
On 12:24:24 am 2005-06-30 Chris Sutcliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've noticed a bug in the 4.1 installer.  I select the 'Candidate'
> files for the core and compiler options, leaving everything else as is
> and I instruct the installer to install to d:\MinGW.  The installer
> downloads all the files, but after installing them, only
> mingw32-make.exe is in the d:\MinGW\bin directory, nothing else gets
> there.
>
> Is there somewhere to log this bug?

This post is good enough for now.  I'm thinking it is the mirror bug.  I
need to rewrite the download piece myself, istool version is too buggy.
Feel free to help.  See the archives for other discussion on this subject.

Re: MinGW-4.1 Installer

Dave Murphy
Earnie Boyd wrote:

>On 12:24:24 am 2005-06-30 Chris Sutcliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Is there somewhere to log this bug?
>>

>This post is good enough for now.  I'm thinking it is the mirror bug.  I
>need to rewrite the download piece myself, istool version is too buggy.
>Feel free to help.  See the archives for other discussion on this subject.

Earnie, I've been trying to implement a web installer for one of my own
projects.and ended up using NSIS instead of InnoSetup mainly due to not
being able to figure out the download stuff. It's not quite finished yet
but I don't think it would be too much work to turn it into a mingw
installer. I can chuck you the source if you're interested or borrow a
tuit, preferably round, and have a go at doing it myself.

Dave

Re: MinGW-4.1 Installer

John Vandenberg
On 6/30/05, Dave Murphy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
> >On 12:24:24 am 2005-06-30 Chris Sutcliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >>Is there somewhere to log this bug?
> >>

> >This post is good enough for now.  I'm thinking it is the mirror bug.  I
> >need to rewrite the download piece myself, istool version is too buggy.
> >Feel free to help.  See the archives for other discussion on this subject.
> >

> Earnie, I've been trying to implement a web installer for one of my own
> projects.and ended up using NSIS instead of InnoSetup mainly due to not
> being able to figure out the download stuff. It's not quite finished yet
> but I don't think it would be too much work to turn it into a mingw
> installer. I can chuck you the source if you're interested or borrow a
> tuit, preferably round, and have a go at doing it myself.

Is the download functionality of NSIS part of the main codebase, or a plugin?
Is the source for the NSIS plugins available somewhere ?  I can only
find the binaries.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/nsis/NSIS/Plugins/Attic/

Cheers,
John

> Dave

Re: MinGW-4.1 Installer

On 6:17:19 am 2005-06-30 Dave Murphy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Earnie Boyd wrote:
>

> Earnie, I've been trying to implement a web installer for one of my
> own projects.and ended up using NSIS instead of InnoSetup mainly due
> to not being able to figure out the download stuff. It's not quite
> finished yet but I don't think it would be too much work to turn it
> into a mingw installer. I can chuck you the source if you're
> interested or borrow a tuit, preferably round, and have a go at doing
> it myself.

Please, go ahead and attempt it.  I'm not at all adverse to someone else
taking a tuit from me.  If you wouldn't mind doing the maintenance send me
your SF info off line.

Re: MinGW-4.1 Installer

Dave Murphy
John Vandenberg wrote:

>Is the download functionality of NSIS part of the main codebase, or a plugin?
>Is the source for the NSIS plugins available somewhere ?  I can only
>find the binaries.

The plugins are all in the Contrib directory

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/nsis/NSIS/Contrib/