Quantcast

MinGW Installation Help

Rayestm

Dear All,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing this email to seek your help to guide me through the installation of MinGW. I have downloaded all the automated installer and all the pre-requisite software and read the installation manuals and comments, etc., with no luck; still I have a difficulty to correctly do the installation and get it up and running since my OS is Windows 10.

Thanks and I appreciate your assistance.

Sincerely, Reyes

Re: MinGW Installation Help

David Gressett-6
... snip ...
>I have downloaded all the automated installer and all the pre-requisite software
>and read the installation  manuals and comments, etc., with no luck; still I have a
> difficulty to correctly do the installation and get it up and running since my OS is
 >Windows 10.

You need to supply more information -
What is the name of the file of the "automated installer"?

Did the installer fail, or did problems happen after the installation?

What was the exact text of the error messages (if any) that were
produced during the installation?

If problems happened after the installation, what command line
failed, and what error message was created?

Re: MinGW Installation Help

Rayestm
The automated installer is MinGW-get-setup.exe. I have installed all the packages in this installer for both MinGW and MSYS just in case. Nevertheless, cannot make any file; not sure if it has to do with the directory address, etc

> On Aug 29, 2016, at 8:36 PM, David Gressett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ... snip ...
>> I have downloaded all the automated installer and all the pre-requisite software
>> and read the installation  manuals and comments, etc., with no luck; still I have a
>> difficulty to correctly do the installation and get it up and running since my OS is
>> Windows 10.
>
> You need to supply more information -
> What is the name of the file of the "automated installer"?
>
> Did the installer fail, or did problems happen after the installation?
>
> What was the exact text of the error messages (if any) that were
> produced during the installation?
>
> If problems happened after the installation, what command line
> failed, and what error message was created?

> http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.

Re: MinGW Installation Help

David Gressett-6
>> On Aug 29, 2016, at 8:36 PM, David Gressett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> ... snip ...
>>> I have downloaded all the automated installer and all the pre-requisite software
>>> and read the installation manuals and comments, etc., with no luck; still I have a
>>> difficulty to correctly do the installation and get it up and running since my OS is
>>> Windows 10.
>>
>> You need to supply more information -
>> What is the name of the file of the "automated installer"?

>The automated installer is MinGW-get-setup.exe. I have installed all the packages in
>this installer for both MinGW and MSYS just in case. Nevertheless, cannot make any file; not sure if it has to do with the directory address, etc

Please do not top post - it much easier to follow the logic of multi-part
questions and answers when the  answers are inserted immediately following the
question. This answer establishes that it was indeed the MinGW 32-bit compilers
that are supported on this list that you installed.

>> Did the installer fail, or did problems happen after the installation?

Your top-posted answer was too brief, and did not answer this question.
(That is another reason why you should not top post answers - when
you don't attach answers directly under the questions, it is too easy to
fail to notice that you did not answer an important question.)

>> What was the exact text of the error messages (if any) that were
>> produced during the installation?

No answer - more information is needed. What happened here?