Msys-intl-8.DLL no where to be found

William Razgunas
I'm trying to do some development on mingw/msys, and I can't use the make command because msys can't find msys-intl-8.DLL at all!

Please help!

<DIV id=INCREDISIGNATUREID ondrag="return false;">
V2lsbGlhbSBSYXpndW5hcw==
87 105 108 108 105 97 109 32 82 97 122 103 117 110 97 115
57 69 6c 6c 69 61 6d 20 52 61 7a 67 75 6e 61 73
01010111 01101001 01101100 01101100 01101001 01100001 01101101 00100000 01010010 01100001 01111010 01100111 01110101 01101110 01100001 01110011
To find out what my signiure means go here:
http://home2.paulschou.net/tools/xlate/

grad.gif (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Msys-intl-8.DLL no where to be found

Charles Wilson-8
On 9/19/2010 1:31 PM, William Razgunas wrote:
> I'm trying to do some development on mingw/msys, and I can't use the
> make command because msys can't find msys-intl-8.DLL at all!
>
> Please help!

You didn't install the msys-libintl-dll package
(libintl-0.17-2-msys-dll-8.tar.lzma).

This tells me you did not use mingw-get to install the new make and
installed it manually (or, perhaps, you installed all of msys manually?).

That is not supported; use mingw-get instead.

Now, if you DID use mingw-get to install msys (and, specifically
msys-make), then it should have installed msys-intl-8.dll by default. If
it didn't, then you should have gotten an error message at the time.

What was it?

Without that information, we can't help you further, and can only
suggest that you try to install MinGW/MSYS again, this time using
mingw-get (or mingw-get-inst) and pay close attention to any error messages.

--
Chuck

Re: Msys-intl-8.DLL no where to be found

William Razgunas
No, I didn't install the mingw-get, and I don't see the libnitl-0.17.2-msys-DLL-8 package on sourceforge,  I was building it from packages, like you can.
And when you Google for the file, it comes up with something on sourceforge.co.jp, but it isn't downloadable, and its not on the list of files either.

On 9/19/2010 1:31 PM, William Razgunas wrote:
> I'm trying to do some development on mingw/msys, and I can't use the
> make command because msys can't find msys-intl-8.DLL at all!
>
> Please help!

You didn't install the msys-libintl-dll package
(libintl-0.17-2-msys-dll-8.tar.lzma).

This tells me you did not use mingw-get to install the new make and
installed it manually (or, perhaps, you installed all of msys manually?).

That is not supported; use mingw-get instead.

Now, if you DID use mingw-get to install msys (and, specifically
msys-make), then it should have installed msys-intl-8.dll by default. If
it didn't, then you should have gotten an error message at the time.

What was it?

Without that information, we can't help you further, and can only
suggest that you try to install MinGW/MSYS again, this time using
mingw-get (or mingw-get-inst) and pay close attention to any error messages.

--
Chuck

grad.gif (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Msys-intl-8.DLL no where to be found

William Razgunas
Oh yeah, and I'm using a user contributed mingw that cross compiles to x64