Quantcast

Possible error in _mingw.h

Anton Shepelev
Hello, all

It  seems  that  _mingw.h  wrongly  assumes that the
macro _XOPEN_SOURCE always expands into a non-emptry
string:

   #if (_XOPEN_SOURCE) >= 500

Bryan Henderson, the author of Netpbm, have suggest-
ed the following fix:

   #if (_XOPEN_SOURCE + 0) >= 500

--
Please, do not forward replies to my e-mail.

Re: Possible error in _mingw.h

On 16/04/17 12:11, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> It seems that _mingw.h wrongly assumes that the macro _XOPEN_SOURCE
> always expands into a non-emptry string:

Nope.  Usage in <_mingw.h> is correct; for POSIX.1-2008:
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/V2_chap02.html
| The _XOPEN_SOURCE Feature Test Macro
|
| An XSI-conforming application shall ensure that the feature test
| macro _XOPEN_SOURCE is defined with the value 700 before inclusion of
| any header.  This is needed to enable the functionality described in
| The _POSIX_C_SOURCE Feature Test Macro and to ensure that the XSI
| option is enabled.

The value of 700 is specific to Issue 7 of POSIX.1 (POSIX.1-2008);
lesser values are applicable for earlier versions of the standard,
but in _every_ case, the application is _required_ to specify the
_XOPEN_SOURCE value for which conformance is desired.

>    #if (_XOPEN_SOURCE) >= 500

Where do you see that?  Nowhere in <_mingw.h> do I see that particular
test; I _do_ see:

  #if _XOPEN_SOURCE < 500

(among other similar tests, but _never_ with _XOPEN_SOURCE specified
in parentheses ... not that it really matters, if _XOPEN_SOURCE is
properly defined, as POSIX.1 stipulates).

> Bryan Henderson, the author of Netpbm, have suggested the following
> fix:
>
>    #if (_XOPEN_SOURCE + 0) >= 500

Bryan Henderson should correct the improper usage in Netpbm, (assuming
that this is where you are encountering the issue).

Re: Possible error in _mingw.h

Anton Shepelev
Keith Marshall to Anton Shepelev:

> > It  seems that _mingw.h wrongly assumes that the
> > macro _XOPEN_SOURCE always expands into  a  non-
> > emptry string:
> >
> >   #if (_XOPEN_SOURCE) >= 500
> >
> > Bryan Henderson, the author of Netpbm, have sug-
> > gested the following fix:
> >
> >   #if (_XOPEN_SOURCE + 0) >= 500
>
> Where do you see that?  Nowhere in <_mingw.h> do I
> see that particular test

I  quoted  Bryan as a general example of his fix.  I
should have either written so or quoted actual MinGW
code.  Beg your pardon.

--
Please, do not forward replies to my e-mail.