RE: MinGW-users digest, Vol 1 #2687 - 7 msgs

RE: MinGW-users digest, Vol 1 #2687 - 7 msgs

Lane, David (TBS)

> From: "Sisyphus" <[hidden email]>
> Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 17:02:44 +1000
> Subject: [Mingw-users] The next "Current" MinGW release
>
> Is it the case that the g77 that's part of MinGW-3.2.0-rc-3.exe will never
> become part of any "Current" MinGW release ?
> The point is that if it's *never* going to be part of a "Current" release,
> then there's no need to investigate the problem ..... right ? But if, at
> some stage, it will be part of a "Current" release, then the problem should
> be fixed before that happens.

Problems that go away on their own, come back on their own.

> I'm hoping you will tell me that I can forget about that issue - because I
> don't know how I'm going to uncover the precise nature of the problem. At
> one stage, a few weeks back, I spent a number of hours trying to find out
> what was going wrong and got absolutely nowhere.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

If the problem is reproducible, then at one point it was a "real" problem.
Not to say that if it's not reproducible, that it's not real.  But if it is
reproducible, you may want to check if there is a reported bug, and if not,
put one in yourself with the smallest bits you can isolate.  At least that
way the knowledge that it was there won't be lost.  When it comes back in
some later release, that may help whoever hunts it down for good.

[snip, and just because it needs to be said again, I repeat the following]