RFC: Earnie's stupid idea on UNICODE

Earnie Boyd
I had this crazy idea on how to shorten the number of lines in our
header files which makes use of a handy macro expansion trick.  The
attached file is a start on the idea and gives the essence of it.
Comments?

P.S. I added the CRLF line endings to the diff file to aid the various
mail clients.

unicode-idea.txt (14K) Download Attachment

Re: RFC: Earnie's stupid idea on UNICODE

Earnie Boyd
Ping, anyone?

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Earnie Boyd
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I had this crazy idea on how to shorten the number of lines in our
> header files which makes use of a handy macro expansion trick.  The
> attached file is a start on the idea and gives the essence of it.
> Comments?
>
> --
> Earnie
>
> P.S. I added the CRLF line endings to the diff file to aid the various
> mail clients.

Re: RFC: Earnie's stupid idea on UNICODE

Earnie Boyd
RFC withdrawn because of:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff381407(v=vs.85).aspx

Especially the one that says new API will only have a UNICODE version.
 It also points out that if UNICODE is defined one should also define
_UNICODE since both are used.