Quantcast

RFC: <excpt.h>: __try1/__except1 are broken; are they worth fixing?

RFC: <excpt.h>: __try1/__except1 are broken; are they worth fixing?

Re: RFC: <excpt.h>: __try1/__except1 are broken; are they worth fixing?

Earnie Boyd
On 6/20/2016 4:08 PM, Keith Marshall wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Further reviewing Cesar's clone of our original CVS:
> https://sourceforge.net/u/cstrauss/mingwrt/ci/56e6189f267527e4dd710d55a16de39f7bf21c4a/
>
> I stumbled upon:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/bugs/1328/
>
> IMO, this bug report was inappropriately closed, as invalid.  I've
> reopened it, accordingly, because, as may be seen from the extensive
> analysis which I've appended thereto, this commit:
> https://sourceforge.net/u/cstrauss/mingwrt/ci/3eac8de7de5be34a9b58918ae8500697a7ddc1c4/
>
> does nothing even remotely useful to resolve the issue; in fact the
> entire __try1/__except1 implementation is so utterly TARFUBAR, that I
> wonder if it is worth expending any effort on fixing it, or should it
> simply be allowed to disappear without trace?
>
> Thoughts?

It's been too long for me to remember what I was thinking about the
change but I'm guessing that it never worked as intended.

Re: RFC: <excpt.h>: __try1/__except1 are broken; are they worth fixing?