Re: Dependency on libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll

Bostjan Mihoric
On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 7:15 PM, John Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> What is the purpose of libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll? I always thought that it had
> something to do with C++ exceptions, but many of the DLLs that I have
> built recently depend on it, even though the source is not C++ as far
> as I can see.

You could check in your code if __cplusplus is defined, in that case
it is actually C++ compiler that is running, not C compiler.

Other than that, try with "-fno-exceptions" (which *should* be default
for C code, but I use it anyway). Then you can try adding
"-fno-non-call-exceptions". If it'll still link an exception-handling
DLL after that, it's probably time to contact a maintainer.

Regards,
Bostjan