Re:[Mingw-users](no subject)

Farley W Graves
Hi Farley,

On 7/1/05, Farley W Graves <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Farley W Graves wrote:
> > Hi, I wish to use MinGW, what is IDE to use?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> I've used MinGW with VisualMinGW
> (http://visual-mingw.sourceforge.net/)
> and DevCpp (http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html).
>
> I'm also aware of some other IDEs which should work with MinGW:
>  - VIDE (http://www.objectcentral.com/vide.htm)
>  - Eclipse with C/C++ IDE (http://www.eclipse.org/)
>  - Code::Blocks (http://www.codeblocks.org/)
>
> Robert
> --
> Robert Bachmann <[hidden email]> (OpenPGP KeyID: 0x4A5CCF10)
>

> So I should point Dev C++ to Mingw? I happen to own the cd version of Dev
> C++ but I it was to limited.

What version did you trial?  Version 5 is a major improvement overall,
and includes features such as CVS support, Class Browser and XP Theme.

As you are new to MinGW and DevCpp, try the installer "with Mingw/GCC"
and it should `just work'.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dev-cpp/devcpp-4.9.9.2_setup.exe

John

I'm useing 5 beta tho I 60% pointed to Mingw, I'm new to MinGW but Dev Cpp I'm very familiar with it tho all I was wanting to do is use the IDE with MinGW.

Farley