Release 4.0 for mingwrt and w32api

Earnie Boyd
Now that I have the libraries in working order, I would like to
release them as 4.0.  The issue I'm finding is that I don't know if
I'll be able to be available in the event that something is wrong
after releasing for a couple of months due to unstable work
environment.  I should know near October 7th if I'm will need to be
unavailable here or not.  Should I wait or go for it?

Cygwin, how should we handle the push of the update to Cygwin?  I'm
not really interested in doing that, anyone?

Re: Release 4.0 for mingwrt and w32api

Chris Sutcliffe-2
Hi Earnie,

On 26 September 2012 11:54, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Now that I have the libraries in working order, I would like to
> release them as 4.0.  The issue I'm finding is that I don't know if
> I'll be able to be available in the event that something is wrong
> after releasing for a couple of months due to unstable work
> environment.  I should know near October 7th if I'm will need to be
> unavailable here or not.  Should I wait or go for it?

Perhaps wait until closer to October 7th to make the call?

> Cygwin, how should we handle the push of the update to Cygwin?  I'm
> not really interested in doing that, anyone?

I'll continue to take care of updating the Cygwin packages.  I have
cygport files that pull the releases off SourceForge after the
mingw.org release and packages them appropriately.  Given that the
"native" Cygwin w32api has switched to the mingw-w64 implementation I
don't need to worry about that any more.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org

Re: Release 4.0 for mingwrt and w32api

Charles Wilson-8
On 9/26/2012 8:36 PM, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> I'll continue to take care of updating the Cygwin packages.  I have
> cygport files that pull the releases off SourceForge after the
> mingw.org release and packages them appropriately.

 From this:

>  Given that the
> "native" Cygwin w32api has switched to the mingw-w64 implementation I
> don't need to worry about that any more.

I figure you mean the "mingw-w32api" cygwin package, which provides the
w32api for the cygwin-hosted mingw-target cross compiler, and installs into
        /usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/{include,lib}

Right?

--
Chuck

On 26 September 2012 23:40, Charles Wilson wrote:

>  From this:
>
>>  Given that the
>> "native" Cygwin w32api has switched to the mingw-w64 implementation I
>> don't need to worry about that any more.
>
> I figure you mean the "mingw-w32api" cygwin package, which provides the
> w32api for the cygwin-hosted mingw-target cross compiler, and installs into
>         /usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/{include,lib}
>
> Right?

Not precisely, I will maintain the "mingw-w32api" package, the
"w32api" package (i.e. the "native" cygwin gcc w32api) has been taken
over by JonY and is now based on mingw-w64 as requested by Corinna.

Cheers,

Chris

On 9/27/2012 7:54 AM, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> Not precisely, I will maintain the "mingw-w32api" package, the
> "w32api" package (i.e. the "native" cygwin gcc w32api) has been taken
> over by JonY and is now based on mingw-w64 as requested by Corinna.
> Cheers, Chris
That's what I meant; I just didn't express it very well. Thanks for
clarifying.

--
Chuck