Release: MinGW-4.1.0.exe

Earnie Boyd
File: http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/MinGW-4.1.0.exe?download

We have completely recoded the MinGW installer to allow you to pick and
choose the files you wish to install. All of the packages have not been
added as yet but the core packages are available and the installer is
functioning nicely for those packages so I have decided to release the
initial version of the redesigned installer.

You must have an established connection to the internet to use this
installer. The installer will download the chosen packages and give you a
status of the download. The installer will then install each of the
downloaded packages. The extra space required is unknown at this time so
any space required given is only for the installer helper files.

A known issue some people experienced with the snapshot is the download
statistics is unreadable.

Enjoy,
The MinGW Community Team

Re: Release: MinGW-4.1.0.exe

Carlos Chavez-2
Hi Earnie.

Is posible use the program MinGW-4.1.0.exe only for download the
packages of MinGW ?

This is because in my work place i don't want install MingW, but i
need download,
i know is posible download in sf.net, but this program i like because i do not
to search in the repositories for download MinGW.

Cheers.
Carlos Chávez.

2005/6/8, Earnie Boyd <[hidden email]>:

> File: http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/MinGW-4.1.0.exe?download
>
> We have completely recoded the MinGW installer to allow you to pick and
> choose the files you wish to install. All of the packages have not been
> added as yet but the core packages are available and the installer is
> functioning nicely for those packages so I have decided to release the
> initial version of the redesigned installer.
>
> You must have an established connection to the internet to use this
> installer. The installer will download the chosen packages and give you a
> status of the download. The installer will then install each of the
> downloaded packages. The extra space required is unknown at this time so
> any space required given is only for the installer helper files.
>
> A known issue some people experienced with the snapshot is the download
> statistics is unreadable.
>
> Enjoy,
> The MinGW Community Team

Carlos Chávez

Re: Release: MinGW-4.1.0.exe

Christian Ehrlicher

Re: Release: MinGW-4.1.0.exe

Earnie Boyd
On 2:44:10 pm 2005-06-09 Christian Ehrlicher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Earnie Boyd schrieb:
> >  File: http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/MinGW-4.1.0.exe?download
> >
> >  We have completely recoded the MinGW installer to allow you to
> >  pick and choose the files you wish to install. All of the packages
> >  have not been added as yet but the core packages are available and
> >  the installer is functioning nicely for those packages so I have
> >  decided to release the initial version of the redesigned installer.
> >
> >  You must have an established connection to the internet to use this
> >  installer. The installer will download the chosen packages and
> >  give you a status of the download. The installer will then install
> >  each of the downloaded packages. The extra space required is
> >  unknown at this time so any space required given is only for the
> >   installer helper files.
> >  A known issue some people experienced with the snapshot is the
> >  download statistics is unreadable.
> I've some problems with the download window... see here:
> http://web405.server47.greatnet.de/mingw_410.png
> Somehow all variable values are mixed up.

Noted in the message you quote and the page after the LICENSE file and the
news blurb on the SF and the web page.

Re: Release: MinGW-4.1.0.exe

On 2:15:59 pm 2005-06-09 Carlos Chavez <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Earnie.
>
> Is posible use the program MinGW-4.1.0.exe only for download the
> packages of MinGW ?

Since the files to download are hardcoded, yes only for MinGW.

> This is because in my work place i don't want install MingW, but i
> need download,
> i know is posible download in sf.net, but this program i like because
> i do not to search in the repositories for download MinGW.

The script is in CVS under the directory MinGW.  The script compiler is
www.istool.org.

Re: Release: MinGW-4.1.0.exe

Wesley Parish
All very nice, I agree, but two things- I don't have a broadband connection,
and the computer I use for downloading files is either my Linux machines and
I can't at present guarantee wine will do as it should or it is a computer
elsewhere, and I can't "install" like that on that machine then burn to cdrom
and brng home.

Is it possible to get a full-size installer like the previous versions?

Thanks

Wesley Parish

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:24, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> File: http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/MinGW-4.1.0.exe?download
>
> We have completely recoded the MinGW installer to allow you to pick and
> choose the files you wish to install. All of the packages have not been
> added as yet but the core packages are available and the installer is
> functioning nicely for those packages so I have decided to release the
> initial version of the redesigned installer.
>
> You must have an established connection to the internet to use this
> installer. The installer will download the chosen packages and give you a
> status of the download. The installer will then install each of the
> downloaded packages. The extra space required is unknown at this time so
> any space required given is only for the installer helper files.
>
> A known issue some people experienced with the snapshot is the download
> statistics is unreadable.
>
> Enjoy,
> The MinGW Community Team

-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?

Re: Release: MinGW-4.1.0.exe

Leif W
> "Wesley Parish" <[hidden email]>; 2005-06-10@05:08 -0400
>
> All very nice, I agree, but two things- I don't have a broadband
> connection,
> and the computer I use for downloading files is either my Linux
> machines and
> I can't at present guarantee wine will do as it should or it is a
> computer
> elsewhere, and I can't "install" like that on that machine then burn
> to cdrom
> and brng home.
>
> Is it possible to get a full-size installer like the previous
> versions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Wesley Parish

I wonder if it's possible with the scripting language of the installer
to give users two options at the start: download (and nothing else), and
install (by looking at what was previously downloaded).  That way it
should be possible to download the installer, pick the parts you want to
download and get them, burn to cd and take home (or other non-fast-net
computer) and then run the installer again and this time pick the
install option.  It would be the best of both worlds, if possible.

Leif

Re: Release: MinGW-4.1.0.exe

John Vandenberg
On 6/10/05, Leif W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I wonder if it's possible with the scripting language of the installer
> to give users two options at the start: download (and nothing else), and
> install (by looking at what was previously downloaded).  That way it
> should be possible to download the installer, pick the parts you want to
> download and get them, burn to cd and take home (or other non-fast-net
> computer) and then run the installer again and this time pick the
> install option.  It would be the best of both worlds, if possible.
>
> Leif

This would be great; even if manual tweaking of a text file is
required.  I would prefer to not have any 'selection' screens appear
if the installer finds local files, so the installer can be used to
install a pre-configured SOE.

John

Re: Release: MinGW-4.1.0.exe

On 11:05:33 am 2005-06-10 "Leif W" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >  "Wesley Parish" <[hidden email]>; 2005-06-10@05:08
> > -0400
> >  All very nice, I agree, but two things- I don't have a broadband
> >  connection,
> >  and the computer I use for downloading files is either my Linux
> >  machines and
> >  I can't at present guarantee wine will do as it should or it is a
> >  computer
> >  elsewhere, and I can't "install" like that on that machine then
> >  burn to cdrom
> >  and brng home.
> >
> >  Is it possible to get a full-size installer like the previous
> >  versions?
> >
> >  Thanks
> >
> >  Wesley Parish
>
> I wonder if it's possible with the scripting language of the
> installer to give users two options at the start: download (and
> nothing else), and install (by looking at what was previously
> downloaded).  That way it should be possible to download the
> installer, pick the parts you want to download and get them, burn to
> cd and take home (or other non-fast-net computer) and then run the
> installer again and this time pick the install option.  It would be
> the best of both worlds, if possible.

As I said somewhere yesterday; that is on my round tuit list near the top.

The script is in CVS under the MinGW directory.  Feel free to supply any
patching.  Requires www.istool.org to compile the script.

       MinGW - http://www.mingw.org/
        Wiki - http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/
  Bug Report - http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=2435&atid=102435
Submit Patch - http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=2435&atid=302435
  SF Project - http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw
 Job Listing - http://sf.net/people/viewjob.php?group_id=2435&job_id=21643
 Job Listing - http://sf.net/people/viewjob.php?group_id=46778&job_id=22223

Re: Release: MinGW-4.1.0.exe

Dave Murphy
Earnie Boyd wrote:

>>I wonder if it's possible with the scripting language of the
>>installer to give users two options at the start: download (and
>>nothing else), and install (by looking at what was previously
>>downloaded).  That way it should be possible to download the
>>installer, pick the parts you want to download and get them, burn to
>>cd and take home (or other non-fast-net computer) and then run the
>>installer again and this time pick the install option.  It would be
>>the best of both worlds, if possible.
>>

>As I said somewhere yesterday; that is on my round tuit list near the top.
>
>The script is in CVS under the MinGW directory.  Feel free to supply any
>patching.  Requires www.istool.org to compile the script.

Are there any docs somewhere on the istool_download function you're
using in the installer scripts? I've found some information on isxdl.dll
which, as far as I can figure, has been integrated into later versions
of Innosetup. It seeems to me that the isxdl_AddFileSize function may
fix the odd behaviour when downloading files.

Dave

Re: Release: MinGW-4.1.0.exe

Earnie Boyd
On 12:56:04 pm 2005-06-17 Dave Murphy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
> >> I wonder if it's possible with the scripting language of the
> >> installer to give users two options at the start: download (and
> >> nothing else), and install (by looking at what was previously
> >> downloaded).  That way it should be possible to download the
> >> installer, pick the parts you want to download and get them, burn
> >> to cd and take home (or other non-fast-net computer) and then run
> >> the installer again and this time pick the install option.  It
> >> would be the best of both worlds, if possible.
> >>

> > As I said somewhere yesterday; that is on my round tuit list near
> > the top.
> > The script is in CVS under the MinGW directory.  Feel free to
> > supply any patching.  Requires www.istool.org to compile the script.
> >

> Are there any docs somewhere on the istool_download function you're
> using in the installer scripts? I've found some information on
> isxdl.dll which, as far as I can figure, has been integrated into
> later versions of Innosetup. It seeems to me that the
> isxdl_AddFileSize function may fix the odd behaviour when downloading
> files.

Did you have a look http://www.istool.org?  There is a chm file that is
installed with the product.

Re: Release: MinGW-4.1.0.exe

Dave Murphy
Earnie Boyd wrote:

>>Are there any docs somewhere on the istool_download function you're
>>using in the installer scripts? I've found some information on
>>isxdl.dll which, as far as I can figure, has been integrated into
>>later versions of Innosetup. It seeems to me that the
>>isxdl_AddFileSize function may fix the odd behaviour when downloading
>>files.
>>

>Did you have a look http://www.istool.org?  There is a chm file that is
>installed with the product.
>
>Earnie

Yep. I'm afraid it's as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=istool_download&btnG=Search&meta=
is little better

Dave

Re: Release: MinGW-4.1.0.exe

Earnie Boyd
On 11:40:39 pm 2005-06-19 Dave Murphy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
> >> Are there any docs somewhere on the istool_download function you're
> >> using in the installer scripts? I've found some information on
> >> isxdl.dll which, as far as I can figure, has been integrated into
> >> later versions of Innosetup. It seeems to me that the
> >> isxdl_AddFileSize function may fix the odd behaviour when
> >> downloading files.
> >>

> > Did you have a look http://www.istool.org?  There is a chm file
> > that is installed with the product.
> >
> > Earnie
> >

> Yep. I'm afraid it's as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Well, I spent a little time in research and find the same.

> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=istool_download&btnG=Search&met
> a=
> is little better

I assume you mean the ISFD references.  In my research I had already found
those and am thinking it best to move toward coding the use of the dll
instead of relying on the istool patch to Inno Setup; for which I don't
find source for.  Feel free to move that direction and provide a patch for
the script.  I'm currently working more the 60+ hours/week at the paycheck
job.  I don't have much time to develop it.

Re: Release: MinGW-4.1.0.exe

Earnie Boyd
On 1:51:59 am 2005-06-20 "Earnie Boyd" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > >  Did you have a look http://www.istool.org?  There is a chm file
> > >  that is installed with the product.
> > >
> > >  Earnie
> > >

> >  Yep. I'm afraid it's as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
> >

> Well, I spent a little time in research and find the same.
>
> >  http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=istool_download&btnG=Search&
> met
> >  a=
> >  is little better
> >

> I assume you mean the ISFD references.  In my research I had already
> found those and am thinking it best to move toward coding the use of
> the dll instead of relying on the istool patch to Inno Setup; for
> which I don't find source for.  Feel free to move that direction and
> provide a patch for the script.  I'm currently working more the 60+
> hours/week at the paycheck job.  I don't have much time to develop it.

And I'm thinking of modifying the mirror selection page to add
``localhost'' and if that radio is set; a path selection combo box needs
set to the location of the tarball files.  This change would preclude me
from using istool anyway; since there is no source.