Release: mingwPORT - wget-1.9.1-mingwPORT.tar.bz2

Release: mingwPORT - wget-1.9.1-mingwPORT.tar.bz2

Earnie Boyd
File: http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/wget-1.9.1-mingwPORT.tar.bz2

Since wget is required to supply the download functionality for mingwPORT;
I thought it would be good to have wget in the set of mingwPORT files.  The
tarball contains a working wget.exe file in the event you do not have one
already and choose to have mingwPORT download the source tar file.  You are
advised to use the mingwPORT to build wget so that you have an executable
that is most optimised to your system.

Happy porting!

       MinGW - http://www.mingw.org/
        Wiki - http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/
  Bug Report - http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=2435&atid=102435
Submit Patch - http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=2435&atid=302435
  SF Project - http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw
 Job Listing - http://sf.net/people/viewjob.php?group_id=2435&job_id=21643
 Job Listing - http://sf.net/people/viewjob.php?group_id=46778&job_id=22223

Re: Release: mingwPORT - wget-1.9.1-mingwPORT.tar.bz2

Greg Chicares
On 2005-06-22 17:27 PM, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> File: http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/wget-1.9.1-mingwPORT.tar.bz2
>
> Since wget is required to supply the download functionality for mingwPORT;
> I thought it would be good to have wget in the set of mingwPORT files.  The
> tarball contains a working wget.exe file in the event you do not have one
> already and choose to have mingwPORT download the source tar file.  You are
> advised to use the mingwPORT to build wget so that you have an executable
> that is most optimised to your system.

Thanks--this is most useful.

Instead of following the advice to build wget, I just downloaded
the archive, extracted it, and ran the binary.

  chicares@HEPHAISTOS /c/downloads/wget-1.9.1/mingwPORT
  $ ./wget --help
  GNU Wget 1.9.1, a non-interactive network retriever.
[...]
  Mail bug reports and suggestions to <[hidden email]>.
  c:\downloads\wget-1.9.1\mingwPORT\wget.HLP: No such file or directory

Does the last line indicate that 'wget.HLP' was intended to be
included in the archive?

On 4:18:38 pm 2005-06-24 Greg Chicares <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2005-06-22 17:27 PM, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >  File: http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/wget-1.9.1-mingwPORT.tar.bz2
> >
> >  Since wget is required to supply the download functionality for
> >  mingwPORT; I thought it would be good to have wget in the set of
> >  mingwPORT files.  The tarball contains a working wget.exe file in
> >  the event you do not have one already and choose to have mingwPORT
> >  download the source tar file.  You are advised to use the
> >  mingwPORT to build wget so that you have an executable that is
> most optimised to your system.
>
> Thanks--this is most useful.
>
> Instead of following the advice to build wget, I just downloaded
> the archive, extracted it, and ran the binary.
>
>   chicares@HEPHAISTOS /c/downloads/wget-1.9.1/mingwPORT
>   $ ./wget --help
>   GNU Wget 1.9.1, a non-interactive network retriever.
> [...]
>   Mail bug reports and suggestions to <[hidden email]>.
>   c:\downloads\wget-1.9.1\mingwPORT\wget.HLP: No such file or
> directory
>
> Does the last line indicate that 'wget.HLP' was intended to be
> included in the archive?

Well, now that's interesting.  It's coming from the nls routines.  I
suppose I should --disable-nls as wget.HLP doesn't exist.

Doing a touch wget.HLP gives a message from WinHelp that the file is not a
valid help file.  I find the WinHelp string only in the po files in the src
directory.

Re: Release: mingwPORT - wget-1.9.1-mingwPORT.tar.bz2

Leif W
> "Earnie Boyd" <[hidden email]>; 2005-06-24@13:24 -0400
>
> On 4:18:38 pm 2005-06-24 Greg Chicares <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>   chicares@HEPHAISTOS /c/downloads/wget-1.9.1/mingwPORT
>>   $ ./wget --help
>>   GNU Wget 1.9.1, a non-interactive network retriever.
>> [...]
>>   Mail bug reports and suggestions to <[hidden email]>.
>>   c:\downloads\wget-1.9.1\mingwPORT\wget.HLP: No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> Does the last line indicate that 'wget.HLP' was intended to be
>> included in the archive?
>>

> Well, now that's interesting.  It's coming from the nls routines.  I
> suppose I should --disable-nls as wget.HLP doesn't exist.

In the past, I have used a wget 1.9.1 packaged by someone else.
 With --help or /? it will simultaneously display the text help and open
the .hlp file, which I found very annoying.  The text should suffice,
so no big loss there.  If you need a copy of the .hlp file, it's out
there.

Leif

On 5:41:00 pm 2005-06-24 "Leif W" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >  "Earnie Boyd" <[hidden email]>; 2005-06-24@13:24
> > -0400
> >  On 4:18:38 pm 2005-06-24 Greg Chicares <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>    chicares@HEPHAISTOS /c/downloads/wget-1.9.1/mingwPORT
> >>    $ ./wget --help
> >>    GNU Wget 1.9.1, a non-interactive network retriever.
> >>  [...]
> >>    Mail bug reports and suggestions to <[hidden email]>.
> >>    c:\downloads\wget-1.9.1\mingwPORT\wget.HLP: No such file or
> >>  directory
> >>
> >>  Does the last line indicate that 'wget.HLP' was intended to be
> >>  included in the archive?
> >>

> >  Well, now that's interesting.  It's coming from the nls routines.
> >  I suppose I should --disable-nls as wget.HLP doesn't exist.
>
> In the past, I have used a wget 1.9.1 packaged by someone else.
>  With --help or /? it will simultaneously display the text help and
> open the .hlp file, which I found very annoying.  The text should
> suffice, so no big loss there.  If you need a copy of the .hlp file,
> it's out there.

I found the process.  The windows directory contains a Makefile.doc file
that trys to convert the wget.texi to a WinHelp file and the print_help
routine calls ws_help from mswindows.c which does the wrong thing if the
wget.hlp file is not available.  I'll fix the issue when I upgrade to
version 1.10.

Re: Release: mingwPORT - wget-1.9.1-mingwPORT.tar.bz2

adah
I had downloaded a version of wget that included a help file and would
display it when wget --help. But the current port I use do not exhibit
this behaviour:

http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/

It is quite compact and has SSL support. BTW, does the version you post
includes SSL support?

Just FYI.

Best regards,

Yongwei

"Earnie Boyd" <[hidden email]>

        To:     <[hidden email]>
        CC:
        Subject:        Re: [Mingw-users] Release: mingwPORT - wget-1.9.1-mingwPORT.tar.bz2

On 1:52:28 am 2005-06-25 [hidden email] wrote:
> I had downloaded a version of wget that included a help file and
> would display it when wget --help. But the current port I use do not
> exhibit this behaviour:
>
> http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/
>
> It is quite compact and has SSL support. BTW, does the version you
> post includes SSL support?

Assuming you have the SSL libraries, I believe the build will support it
but you would have to add the appropriate flag to the CONFIGUREFLAGS
variable in mingwPORT.ini.  I haven't tested for it though.

Re: Release: mingwPORT - wget-1.9.1-mingwPORT.tar.bz2

Andrew Collins
Re: Release: mingwPORT - wget-1.9.1-mingwPORT.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=12161693

The following contains a binary version of
wget-1.8.2--along with a "wget.hlp" file.

GNU utilities for Win32
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

This could be included with the wget-1.9.1 mingwPORT.

--
Andrew Collins - [hidden email]
http://profiles.yahoo.com/andrewrcollins

Try OpenOffice. See http://www.openoffice.org/product/