Windows 9x D: drive install (broken)

madman420
Errors during (post) install:
pi.sh: line 13: /etc/profile: No such file or directory

Creating /etc/fstab with mingw mount bindings.pi.sh: line 66: cannot create temp
file for here document: Permission denied

* I'm using Windows ME (4.90.3000), MSYS is in D:\msys\1.0
* The MSYS icon on the desktop just reports: 'Bad command or file name'
* rxvt.exe closes (on first message from keyboard,mouse,etc received)
* 'sh' is screwed up pretty bad too.  It gives:  '- Cannot open'   whenever I try to run a command such as: 'ls'
* it appears that 'sh' may be the root of the problem.
* I was able to successfully install on XP Home (C: drive), so I know I'm not a complete moron.

I would like to here from anyone who has MSYS 1.0 working in Windows 95 /98 / ME

Re: Windows 9x D: drive install (broken)

madman420
Well thanks to some help from Peter H. , I now know what was wrong.  It wasn't a D: drive issue - it was an issue with the msys.bat file being saved with UNIX style line endings instead of DOS/Windows style.  I fixed that and it now launches the shell window.  I also had to fix another bug that he pointed out:
line 95: msys\rt\src\winsup\cygwin\ismsys.cc
-> remove FILE_SHARE_DELETE flag (and pipe "|")

So now I can get around fine inside bash/sh/rxvt under Windows 9x!!

Too bad the "developers" are ignoring reports of these issues - could there be an easier fix? (they must work for microsoft or something)