create DLL for Excel in C that calls strtoll

create DLL for Excel in C that calls strtoll

ken72cc-a
I’m pretty much a newbie with mingGW and C, so please be kind.  I’ve successfully installed mingGW and CodeBlocks on a Windows 10 machine and can create simple Console applications and DLL’s for Excel (using stdcall) with no trouble.

I’d like to use strtoll to convert a string to a 64-bit integer.  Everything works fine in a Console application and I can also create a DLL for Excel without error.  But, I get a Microsoft runtime ‘53’ error (file not found) in Excel when trying to call a DLL function that uses strtoll.  I found the same exact behavior with GMP routines (i.e. works fine in Console app but not in DLL for Excel).

What am I doing wrong?

Re: create DLL for Excel in C that calls strtoll

Jason Curl-4
Hi,

It sounds like that the runtime cannot be found. Use a tool such as
dependencywalker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) to determine what
other DLLs are needed and copy them to the same place as your DLL (to
test), or modify the path to find all DLLs.

Cheers,
Jason.