downloading woes

Roger Day-5
I'm trying to download bison from the official site. However, it (and the
rest of the MingW software download page) is stuck with some sourceforge
problems. This is frustrating as I'm in the final throes of a project and
need the MinGW bison to help complete. Can anyone tell me when this will
be fixed?

Roger.

Re: [Mingw-users] downloading woes

Christian Ehrlicher

Why do you need the msys version of bison? Don't you rather need
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/bison.htm ? Downloading from there
works fine.

Christian

Re: downloading woes

Leif W

Re: downloading woes

Leif W
Actually, prdownloads.sf.net returns nothing, while
prdownloads.sourceforge.net returns the download page.

If I still have access, I'll fix momentarily, if not done so by the time I get
there.

Leif

Re: Re: [Mingw-users] downloading woes

Roger Day-5
I'd rather have something that Just Worked. I kind of assumed that the
Msys would do just that, seeing it was on the same page and all and that's
exactly what Msys is supposed to do. Or am I missing something here?

I tried the gnuwin32 bison only to be defeated by incompatibilities
between it and the gnuwin32 libiconv2.dll, something about missing entry
points. I could have been mistaken in how to install the gnu
bison/libiconv2 stuuf. Does it follow the same pattern as the other MinGW
components?

Open to suggestions here.

Roger

At 01/07/2005 09:57:24, [hidden email] wrote:
> [...]

I want something that Just Works, which I kind of assumed that the msys
bison would. I'm also confused as to why you should be pointing me at
something other than what appears to be the reccommended package. I see
the site is equally conflicted:
http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/bison. What confuses me is why you
should be promoting two different versions of the same utility.

I've tried the gnuwin32 bison. It fails on entry points with libiconv2.
Does the installation for the gnuwin32 stuff follow the same pattern as
MingW stuff?

Roger

Well I haven't got access anymore.  :p  So someone else must fix.

But in the meantime, try to point the browser here for all prdownloads file
listing.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/

Or just to the specific "filename":

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/filename?download

Or view all project files from the file release system:

Leif

Re: downloading woes

Roger Day-5
works a treat, thanks.

Roger

On 11:09:26 am 2005-07-01 "Roger Day" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'd rather have something that Just Worked. I kind of assumed that
> the Msys would do just that, seeing it was on the same page and all
> and that's exactly what Msys is supposed to do. Or am I missing
> something here?

The MSYS bison-2.0 binary will work just fine.  There used to be a snapshot
that was broken that was a native (MSVCRT) build of an older version.  The
workaround was the gnuwin32 version.

Re: downloading woes

On 11:20:06 am 2005-07-01 Leif W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

What were you going to ``fix''?

Re: downloading woes

Leif W

Oh, sorry.  I would have started to look in the _scripts/mkRelease.tcl,
which had been modified yesterday.  I would have changed any url with
"prdownloads.sf.net" to use "prdownloads.sourceforge.net".  It's two
locations I think.  I've got an old copy, but one is in
"get_current_files_page" and one is in "process_current_files_page", in
the foreach loop, about 2/3 down.  Then I'd have rerun (on the test
site), verified it worked, backup the current release.html, run on
production site, and verify it worked.

Leif