g++ Create Process. No such file or directory

g++ Create Process. No such file or directory

Inga Badalyan
Hello.
I am trying to run a GCC win build under windows and getting  the error from the title.
I have all paths set correctly. Any other suggestions?

Re: g++ Create Process. No such file or directory

Chris Sutcliffe-2
On 21 April 2011 08:02, Inga Badalyan wrote:
> Hello.
> I am trying to run a GCC win build under windows and getting  the error from
> the title.
> I have all paths set correctly. Any other suggestions?

What does 'which g++' give you?

Assuming it's /mingw/bin/g++.exe, please provide 'ls -l /mingw/mingw32/bin'.

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org

On 22 April 2011 01:46, Inga Badalyan wrote:

> total 7343
> -rw-r--r--    1 User     mkpasswd        0 Apr 19 14:27 a.out
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 User     mkpasswd   582144 Jan 28 21:14 ar.exe
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 User     mkpasswd  1008640 Jan 28 21:14 as.exe
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 User     mkpasswd   615936 Jan 28 21:14 dlltool.exe
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 User     mkpasswd   822784 Jan 28 21:15 ld.bfd.exe
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 User     mkpasswd   822784 Jan 28 21:15 ld.exe
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 User     mkpasswd   572928 Jan 28 21:14 nm.exe
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 User     mkpasswd   718336 Jan 28 21:14 objcopy.exe
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 User     mkpasswd  1071104 Jan 28 21:14 objdump.exe
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 User     mkpasswd   582144 Jan 28 21:14 ranlib.exe
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 User     mkpasswd   718336 Jan 28 21:14 strip.exe
>
> and which g++
> /cygdrive/c/MinGW/bin/g++

Ah, you are running under Cygwin?  I had assumed you were running
under MSYS.  I've seen this type of issue before where the mingw32
directory is populated with files of 0 size.  If you run the MinGW g++
from a Windows Command Prompt, do you still see the same behaviour?

Chris

On 22 April 2011 08:18, Inga Badalyan wrote:
>> Ah, you are running under Cygwin?  I had assumed you were running
>> under MSYS.  I've seen this type of issue before where the mingw32
>> directory is populated with files of 0 size.  If you run the MinGW g++
>> from a Windows Command Prompt, do you still see the same behaviour?
>
> yes

Please reply to the list as well, as there may be others that can
help.  How did you install MinGW gcc/g++?

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org
http://www.google.com/profiles/ir0nh34d

Re: g++ Create Process. No such file or directory

Inga Badalyan
I have not installed it. Just placed the directory to a folder and added its bin path to my  PATH ENV vars.
Also its lib to my LIB. That is all.

On 22 April 2011 09:02, Inga Badalyan wrote:
> I have not installed it. Just placed the directory to a folder and added its
> bin path to my  PATH ENV vars.
> Also its lib to my LIB. That is all.

So you downloaded the tarballs from mingw.org and extracted them?  I'm
trying to determine if there is possibly a missing dependency.

The 'mingw-get' install utility available from mingw.org is probably
the most reliable way to install MinGW gcc/g++, as it will download
all the dependencies.