importing sys/queue.h

David DEMELIER
Hello,

In the Linux/BSD world the include file sys/queue.h is very popular for
manipulating linked list, tail queue, ...

Because it has been originally made for 4.4BSD it is not available on
Windows but Linux has it thus I propose to import it into MinGW.

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/sys/queue.h

This is the NetBSD version which I guess probably the most portable version.

Cheers,

--
David Demelier

Re: importing sys/queue.h

Earnie Boyd
David Demelier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In the Linux/BSD world the include file sys/queue.h is very popular for
> manipulating linked list, tail queue, ...
>
> Because it has been originally made for 4.4BSD it is not available on
> Windows but Linux has it thus I propose to import it into MinGW.
>
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/sys/queue.h
>
> This is the NetBSD version which I guess probably the most portable version.

There is nothing wrong with you putting in your library environment but
MinGW cannot distribute this file.  For one the license isn't suitable
and for the other thing, which you've already stated, "it is not on
Windows".

-- http://www.for-my-kids.com

Re: importing sys/queue.h

Charles Wilson-8
On 8/25/2011 9:29 AM, Earnie wrote:
> There is nothing wrong with you putting in your library environment but
> MinGW cannot distribute this file.  For one the license isn't suitable
> and for the other thing, which you've already stated, "it is not on
> Windows".

You also forgot to mention: porting unix software to windows is NOT the
purpose of MinGW -- that's what the Cygwin project is for.  MinGW is a
gcc compiler for creating win32 programs, not an environment for porting
POSIX-compliant apps.  The distinction is a fine one, but important:
otherwise, what's to stop "MinGW" from becoming "Cygwin"?

--
Chuck