mSys From Scratch

Julien Lecomte

Hello all,

I've been able to recreate a whole mSys from "scratch" which (apparently) works. Details of my experience can be found on the Wiki.

Feel free to try it out if you got some spare time. If you got any improvements, please contribute directly to the wiki !

Hoping you like what I've done
Julien

ps : any ressemblance with LFS (linux from scratch) is purely coincidental ;-)

Re: mSys From Scratch

Michael S. Zick
On Wed June 8 2005 07:21, Julien Lecomte wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've been able to recreate a whole mSys from "scratch" which (apparently)
> works. Details of my experience can be found on the Wiki.

It is on the top of my to read list for today.
I certainly need all the help I can get.

> Feel free to try it out if you got some spare time. If you got any
> improvements, please contribute directly to the wiki !

Another thing to learn - wiki syntax - I will have to continue with
this mailing list communication until I can learn that also.

> http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/mSysFromScratch
>
> Hoping you like what I've done
> Julien

Max is also hard at work, documenting what he finds.
His work is also making my experience easier.

> ps : any ressemblance with LFS (linux from scratch) is purely coincidental
> ;-)

That is not a bad model to follow.  There are an awful lot of
people hours behind what they have written.

The world is a long way past the point where all work
had to be done in a vacuum; ignoring other sources
of experience.

Mike