Quantcast

mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

bep

mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

bep
I installed the latest version of MinGW with the installation manager and everytime I try to compile I get a series of popups I have to click through unstil it finish to compile.

They look like this.

Sometimes different exe in the title. It's really annoying there's A LOT of them.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

Earnie Boyd
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM, bep wrote:

> I installed the latest version of MinGW with the installation manager and
> everytime I try to compile I get a series of popups I have to click through
> unstil it finish to compile.
>
> They look like this.
> <http://mingw.5.n7.nabble.com/file/n32484/mingw.png>
> Sometimes different exe in the title. It's really annoying there's A LOT of
> them.
>
> Anyone knows how to fix this?

This looks like a case of one of the "Big List Of Dodgy Apps" getting
in the way.

Try turning of the antivirus or configure it to leave your workspace alone.

bep

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

bep
Antivirus is turned off but it didn't change anything.
I also tried this what was done here: http://mingw.5.n7.nabble.com/no-disk-td29512.html

It didn't help either :/

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

Thad Guidry
Perhaps your /etc/fstab is mixed up somehow ?  or pointing to an invalid resource ?  Take a look.

Did you remember to run the postinstall script after installing and point it to your mingw install folder, like c:/mingw ?  ( /postinstall/pi.sh )

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:26 AM, bep <[hidden email]> wrote:
Antivirus is turned off but it didn't change anything.
I also tried this what was done here:
http://mingw.5.n7.nabble.com/no-disk-td29512.html

It didn't help either :/

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

John E. / TDM
On 9/19/2013 6:26 AM, bep wrote:

> I installed the latest version of MinGW with the installation manager and
> everytime I try to compile I get a series of popups I have to click through
> unstil it finish to compile.
>
> They look like this.
> <http://mingw.5.n7.nabble.com/file/n32484/mingw.png>
> Sometimes different exe in the title. It's really annoying there's A LOT of
> them.
>
> Anyone knows how to fix this?

Looks like this build of GCC has an unrelocated reference to a folder on
the packager's I: drive. Add the "-v" option to your compilation and you
will see:

ignoring nonexistent directory "i:/p/giaw/mingw/include"

The error message is GCC attempting to search the nonexistent drive.

-John E. / TDM

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

Earnie Boyd
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM, John E. / TDM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 9/19/2013 6:26 AM, bep wrote:
>> I installed the latest version of MinGW with the installation manager and
>> everytime I try to compile I get a series of popups I have to click through
>> unstil it finish to compile.
>>
>> They look like this.
>> <http://mingw.5.n7.nabble.com/file/n32484/mingw.png>
>> Sometimes different exe in the title. It's really annoying there's A LOT of
>> them.
>>
>> Anyone knows how to fix this?
>
> Looks like this build of GCC has an unrelocated reference to a folder on
> the packager's I: drive. Add the "-v" option to your compilation and you
> will see:
>
> ignoring nonexistent directory "i:/p/giaw/mingw/include"
>
> The error message is GCC attempting to search the nonexistent drive.

How does that relate to the error in the picture?

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

Óscar Fuentes
Earnie Boyd <[hidden email]>
writes:

>>> They look like this.
>>> <http://mingw.5.n7.nabble.com/file/n32484/mingw.png>
>>> Sometimes different exe in the title. It's really annoying there's A LOT of
>>> them.
>>>
>>> Anyone knows how to fix this?
>>
>> Looks like this build of GCC has an unrelocated reference to a folder on
>> the packager's I: drive. Add the "-v" option to your compilation and you
>> will see:
>>
>> ignoring nonexistent directory "i:/p/giaw/mingw/include"
>>
>> The error message is GCC attempting to search the nonexistent drive.
>
> How does that relate to the error in the picture?

Possibly the OP has the I: volume letter mapped to the device referenced
on the error message.

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

John E. / TDM
On 9/19/2013 2:04 PM, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM, John E. / TDM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Looks like this build of GCC has an unrelocated reference to a folder on
>> the packager's I: drive. Add the "-v" option to your compilation and you
>> will see:
>>
>> ignoring nonexistent directory "i:/p/giaw/mingw/include"
>>
>> The error message is GCC attempting to search the nonexistent drive.
> How does that relate to the error in the picture?

The error in the picture is the error message Windows generates when GCC
attempts to search the I: drive, which is mapped but without a physical
device present.

-L.J.

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

Earnie Boyd
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM, John E. / TDM wrote:

> On 9/19/2013 2:04 PM, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM, John E. / TDM wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like this build of GCC has an unrelocated reference to a folder on
>>> the packager's I: drive. Add the "-v" option to your compilation and you
>>> will see:
>>>
>>> ignoring nonexistent directory "i:/p/giaw/mingw/include"
>>>
>>> The error message is GCC attempting to search the nonexistent drive.
>> How does that relate to the error in the picture?
>
> The error in the picture is the error message Windows generates when GCC
> attempts to search the I: drive, which is mapped but without a physical
> device present.

Do you have a trick to remove the reference to the development environment?

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

John E. / TDM
On 9/19/2013 4:31 PM, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> [...]
*snip*

> Do you have a trick to remove the reference to the development environment?

Any one of the following should suffice.

1 - Using an MSYS shell, build GCC in a fully "identity-mounted"
environment, where X:\mingw is mounted as /mingw (X being any Windows
drive) and whatever directories you build in and get sources from are
similarly matched. For example, I build with H:\mingw mounted as /mingw
and H:\crossdev mounted as /crossdev, and place my build directory and
sources in various subdirectories of H:\crossdev. I believe it also
helps to use a relative path when executing GCC's configure script, like
"../src/gcc/configure <options>".

2 - Using a Cygwin shell and the above "identity-mount" configuration,
build a native mingw32 GCC. This is trickier and I haven't done it in a
while.

3 - Use the attached patch on GCC's source, which makes all paths
subject to the relocation machinery and removes some unnecessary duplicates.

4 - Use a strings editor to alter any broken paths in the final compiler
executables, removing the drive spec so they begin with merely a forward
slash.

-John E. / TDM

relocate.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

Earnie Boyd
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:11 PM, John E. / TDM wrote:

> *snip*
>

>> Do you have a trick to remove the reference to the development
>> environment?
>>

> Any one of the following should suffice.
>
> 1 - Using an MSYS shell, build GCC in a fully "identity-mounted"
> environment, where X:\mingw is mounted as /mingw (X being any Windows drive)
> and whatever directories you build in and get sources from are similarly
> matched. For example, I build with H:\mingw mounted as /mingw and
> H:\crossdev mounted as /crossdev, and place my build directory and sources
> in various subdirectories of H:\crossdev. I believe it also helps to use a
> relative path when executing GCC's configure script, like
> "../src/gcc/configure <options>".
>
> 2 - Using a Cygwin shell and the above "identity-mount" configuration, build
> a native mingw32 GCC. This is trickier and I haven't done it in a while.
>
> 3 - Use the attached patch on GCC's source, which makes all paths subject to
> the relocation machinery and removes some unnecessary duplicates.
>
> 4 - Use a strings editor to alter any broken paths in the final compiler
> executables, removing the drive spec so they begin with merely a forward
> slash.

Thanks John, I'll remember this for the next release I do.

As for the OP, you seem to have a few options at hand.

1) Remove the mapping of the non-existing drive that I is mapped to.
2) Add the drive that I is mapped to.
3) Edit the GCC binaries and remove the I: from the strings.
4) Build GCC source yourself using the source bundle from mingw-get.

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

ad000000
Hello.  Did you get this problem solved?   I have the same error, when trying to use gfortran compiler (but mine says "Harddisk5\DR5" rather than 4).
I did not get this error for the first month of use, but now it happens every time.

When I attach "-v" to the end of the line, there are plenty of ignored directories, but they are all on the C drive, where the compiler is installed (i.e. none refer to "I")

bep

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

bep
No I still haven't. I installed TDM instead and can build with that.
Tried two switch to mingw again but updated it with the mingw installation manager first, still get theese pupup message when I compile.

It's still the exact same message.

I've just installed it under C:\MinGW, then I get this when I try to compile anything.

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

ad000000
On 12/20/2013 2:13 PM, bep [via MinGW] wrote:
No I still haven't. I installed TDM instead and can build with that.
Tried two switch to mingw again but updated it with the mingw installation manager first, still get theese pupup message when I compile.

It's still the exact same message.

I've just installed it under C:\MinGW, then I get this when I try to compile anything.

http://mingw.5.n7.nabble.com/mingw32-gcc-exe-No-Disk-tp32484p33068.html
To unsubscribe from mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk., click here.
NAML
Thanks.
I'll let you know if I find a solution.
-Andy

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

lukriv@centrum.cz
I had problem with this window too. I changed the drive letter "I:" to another (in my case it was mapped to the USB device) and the window with missing drive does not appear again. It is quick temporary solution but it works.

Re: mingw32-gcc.exe - No Disk.

rdt2
This was it. A binary search showed the reference was pretty ubiquitous throughout the chain, so I just dismounted the card-reader and was back up. This error won't show up on a machine where I: truly doesn't exist, since no "Please insert disk" (or equivalent) alert will be put up; it will only show up when I: is a drive expecting media.