Quantcast

mingw32-make - The system cannot find the path specified.

mingw32-make - The system cannot find the path specified.

jayshankar nair
Hi,

Version-GNU make 3.81.
gcc (3.4.2).

I am trying to compile with mingw32-make. It unable to cd to directory. The error "The system cannot find the path specified."

>From the command prompt the cd command works.

Thanks,
Jay

Re: mingw32-make - The system cannot find the path specified.

Earnie Boyd

Quoting jayshankar nair <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Version-GNU make 3.81.
> gcc (3.4.2).
>
> I am trying to compile with mingw32-make. It unable to cd to
> directory. The error "The system cannot find the path specified."
>
>> From the command prompt the cd command works.

You'll need to give us a sample Makefile that exhibits the problem.
SWAG is you're using POSIX paths and not Windows paths.

Re: mingw32-make - The system cannot find the path specified.

jayshankar nair
Hi,

The minggw32-make doesn't work for windows directory. I tried with a test Makefile too. It does give the same error "The system cannot...".

all : subdirs

subdirs:
        cd test;
        echo "done";

Thanks,
Jay

> Quoting jayshankar nair <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Version-GNU make 3.81.
> > gcc (3.4.2).
> >
> > I am trying to compile with mingw32-make. It unable to
> cd to
> > directory. The error "The system cannot find the
> path specified."
> >
> >> From the command prompt the cd command works.
> >

> You'll need to give us a sample Makefile that exhibits
> the problem.
> SWAG is you're using POSIX paths and not Windows paths.
>
> Earnie

> Developer's challenge
> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK
> & win great prizes
> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event
> anywhere in the world

Re: mingw32-make - The system cannot find the path specified.

Earnie Boyd

Quoting jayshankar nair <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> The minggw32-make doesn't work for windows directory. I tried with a
> test Makefile too. It does give the same error "The system cannot...".
>
> all : subdirs
>
> subdirs:
> cd test;
> echo "done";

First let me say that top posting is not appreciated in this list.  See
http://www.mingw.org/mailing_lists and the Etiquette section.  Also, do
not CC or BCC the users, send the mail to the list only.

The attached Makefile works for me.  Place the Makefile in your top
level directory and do the following commands.

mingw32-make
mingw32-make subdirs2
mingw32-make
mingw32-make clean

If you have issues with this Makefile then I suggest that something in
your environment is causing you problems.  However, you can post the
output of each of the above commands.  Also the output of mingw32-make
--debug would be helpful.

Re: mingw32-make - The system cannot find the path specified.

Chris Sutcliffe-2
> The minggw32-make doesn't work for windows directory. I tried with a test Makefile too. It does give the same error "The system cannot...".
>
> all : subdirs
>
> subdirs:
>        cd test;
>        echo "done";

Remove the ';' from the end of the lines.

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org

Quoting Earnie Boyd <[hidden email]>:

> The attached Makefile works for me.  Place the Makefile in your top
> level directory and do the following commands.
>
> mingw32-make
> mingw32-make subdirs2
> mingw32-make
> mingw32-make clean

And the missing file is attached.

Makefile (195 bytes) Download Attachment

Quoting Chris Sutcliffe <[hidden email]>:

>> The minggw32-make doesn't work for windows directory. I tried with a
>> test Makefile too. It does give the same error "The system
>> cannot...".
>>
>> all : subdirs
>>
>> subdirs:
>>        cd test;
>>        echo "done";
>
> Remove the ';' from the end of the lines.

Although not normal, the ; is a shell end of statement marker and
doesn't make a difference to the problem in both cmd.exe and bash.

Re: mingw32-make - The system cannot find the path specified.

Earnie Boyd

Quoting Earnie Boyd <[hidden email]>:

> Quoting Chris Sutcliffe <[hidden email]>:
>
>>> The minggw32-make doesn't work for windows directory. I tried with a
>>> test Makefile too. It does give the same error "The system
>>> cannot...".
>>>
>>> all : subdirs
>>>
>>> subdirs:
>>>        cd test;
>>>        echo "done";
>>
>> Remove the ';' from the end of the lines.
>>

> Although not normal, the ; is a shell end of statement marker and
> doesn't make a difference to the problem in both cmd.exe and bash.

Unless sh.exe isn't in the path.  Chris is correct, the ; is the issue.

Re: mingw32-make - The system cannot find the pathspecified.

Fahri Reza
i used something like this to make the shell execute two command
SUBDIRS is a list of subdirectories on current dir

PHONY: $(SUBDIRS)
$(SUBDIRS):
[TAB]cd $@ && $(MAKE)
------------
FIreHAzaR:-D
West Java, Indonesia

>> The minggw32-make doesn't work for windows directory. I tried with a test
>> Makefile too. It does give the same error "The system cannot...".
>>
>> all : subdirs
>>
>> subdirs:
>>        cd test;
>>        echo "done";
>
>Remove the ';' from the end of the lines.

Re: mingw32-make - The system cannot find the path specified.

jayshankar nair
Thanks!!. It works fine