msys-1.18 with basic unicode support

Ralph Engels
Using kbless patchset from msysgit and a whole slew of work i managed to
make a version that supports multibyte
and a basic set of unicode functions.

It took quite some work because he was missing a few exports in
cygwin.din and the wrappers for the w32api unicode functions where
impossible to compile.

I also added strtoll and strtoull besides stdint and inttypes to the build.

i have tested it against bash zsh and libiconv and they all work and
report both multibyte an unicode functionality.

I can upload a patch or the modified code for you to try out.

Revelator

Re: msys-1.18 with basic unicode support

Earnie Boyd
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 2:59 AM, Ralph wrote:
> Using kbless patchset from msysgit and a whole slew of work i managed to
> make a version that supports multibyte
> and a basic set of unicode functions.

Please consider using mingw-users to communicate instead of mingw-msys.

> It took quite some work because he was missing a few exports in
> cygwin.din and the wrappers for the w32api unicode functions where
> impossible to compile.
>
> I also added strtoll and strtoull besides stdint and inttypes to the build.
>
> i have tested it against bash zsh and libiconv and they all work and
> report both multibyte an unicode functionality.
>
> I can upload a patch or the modified code for you to try out.

Add the patchset to the Issues ticket system at
https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/bugs/ for consideration.  Please
consider a proper ChangeLog entry giving kbless the glory he deserves.

Re: msys-1.18 with basic unicode support

Ralph Engels
Just uploaded it to the ticket system, included text from my changelog
(hopefully its descriptive enough).
Patching is fully automated since i use astyle formatting it would be
hard if not impossible to apply the patch without the same formatting i
use (sorry about that but i like my code readable).

Hope you find it usefull.

Regards Revelator