ncurses for msys in mintty

waterlan
Hi,

I built ncurses 6.0 for MSYS for use in mintty. I built it in the first
place for my own wcd project. I'm willing to share this. The files could
be put under MSYS/Contributed/ncurses/. The MinGW installer doesn't
support contributed libraries for msys, but people could copy the files
manually.

Is this interesting for msys?

regards,

--
Erwin Waterlander
http://waterlan.home.xs4all.nl/

Re: ncurses for msys in mintty

Earnie Boyd
On 3/12/2016 6:14 PM, waterlan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I built ncurses 6.0 for MSYS for use in mintty. I built it in the first
> place for my own wcd project. I'm willing to share this. The files could
> be put under MSYS/Contributed/ncurses/. The MinGW installer doesn't
> support contributed libraries for msys, but people could copy the files
> manually.
>
> Is this interesting for msys?

It can't hurt.

Earnie schreef op 2016-03-15 14:48:

> On 3/12/2016 6:14 PM, waterlan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I built ncurses 6.0 for MSYS for use in mintty. I built it in the
>> first
>> place for my own wcd project. I'm willing to share this. The files
>> could
>> be put under MSYS/Contributed/ncurses/. The MinGW installer doesn't
>> support contributed libraries for msys, but people could copy the
>> files
>> manually.
>>
>> Is this interesting for msys?
>>

> It can't hurt.

I uploaded the files to
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MSYS/Contributed/ncurses/ncurses-6.0-2/

I see that the other MSYS Contributed package mksh is installable via
the mingw installer. It is listed under MinGW Developer Toolkit. The
catalog file msys-mksh.xml is missing in the mingw-dist repo, but it is
listed in msys-package-list.xml.

regards,