new dos2unix uploaded

waterlan
Hi,

I uploaded a new version (7.3.2) of dos2unix for msys and mingw.
Somebody can update the catalog. I have no permission.

best regards,

Erwin

Re: new dos2unix uploaded

Cesar Strauss-2
Hi Erwin

On 11/20/2015 21:24, Erwin Waterlander wrote:
> I uploaded a new version (7.3.2) of dos2unix for msys and mingw.
> Somebody can update the catalog. I have no permission.

As I remember, Keith revoked temporarily your git permission due to some
issue about file attributes changing every time you pushed [*]. I am
willing to help you solve this, if you like.

First, please send attached the output of:

git format-patch origin

This shows what would be pushed, including file attribute changes.

Thanks,
Cesar

[*] http://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/mailman/message/32759258/

Re: new dos2unix uploaded

waterlan
Cesar Strauss schreef op 2015-12-13 22:34:

> Hi Erwin
>
> On 11/20/2015 21:24, Erwin Waterlander wrote:
>> I uploaded a new version (7.3.2) of dos2unix for msys and mingw.
>> Somebody can update the catalog. I have no permission.
>
> As I remember, Keith revoked temporarily your git permission due to
> some
> issue about file attributes changing every time you pushed [*]. I am
> willing to help you solve this, if you like.
>
> First, please send attached the output of:
>
> git format-patch origin
>
> This shows what would be pushed, including file attribute changes.

Hi,

I was using git in Cygwin, and there the extra group execute permission
was added. This is a known issue in Cygwin and is easy to solve. See
I was not aware of this when I uploaded previous patches.

If I can get write permission back I will upload the patch myself.

regards,

--
Erwin Waterlander
http://waterlan.home.xs4all.nl/

Re: new dos2unix uploaded

waterlan
Cesar Strauss schreef op 2015-12-13 22:34:
> Hi Erwin
>
> On 11/20/2015 21:24, Erwin Waterlander wrote:
>> I uploaded a new version (7.3.2) of dos2unix for msys and mingw.
>> Somebody can update the catalog. I have no permission.
>
> As I remember, Keith revoked temporarily your git permission due to
> some
> issue about file attributes changing every time you pushed [*].

I think I missed this message in Aug 2014, because I don't remember it.
I learned about it when Keith sent me a message this year. I told Keith
I don't need write permission any
more, but now I would like to have it back. Recently I learned the
problem was caused by Cygwin's ACL handling.

> I am
> willing to help you solve this, if you like.

That would be nice. The last updates solve some compilation issues for
msys1 and mingw32. Also the mingw32 version supports now Unicode file
names.

> First, please send attached the output of:
>
> git format-patch origin
>
> This shows what would be pushed, including file attribute changes.

See attachment.
If you apply the patch I can upload the new .lzma files.

> Thanks,
> Cesar

best regards,

waterlan schreef op 2015-12-22 20:01:

> Cesar Strauss schreef op 2015-12-13 22:34:
>> Hi Erwin
>>
>> On 11/20/2015 21:24, Erwin Waterlander wrote:
>>> I uploaded a new version (7.3.2) of dos2unix for msys and mingw.
>>> Somebody can update the catalog. I have no permission.
>>
>> As I remember, Keith revoked temporarily your git permission due to
>> some
>> issue about file attributes changing every time you pushed [*].
>
> I think I missed this message in Aug 2014, because I don't remember it.
> I learned about it when Keith sent me a message this year. I told Keith
> I don't need write permission any
> more, but now I would like to have it back. Recently I learned the
> problem was caused by Cygwin's ACL handling.
>
>> I am
>> willing to help you solve this, if you like.
>
> That would be nice. The last updates solve some compilation issues for
> msys1 and mingw32. Also the mingw32 version supports now Unicode file
> names.
>

>> First, please send attached the output of:
>>
>> git format-patch origin
>>
>> This shows what would be pushed, including file attribute changes.
>
> See attachment.
> If you apply the patch I can upload the new .lzma files.

I think I forgot the attachment. Here it is.

--
Erwin Waterlander
http://waterlan.home.xs4all.nl/

0001-upgrade-dos2unix-to-version-7.3.2.patch (9K) Download Attachment

Re: new dos2unix uploaded

Hi Erwin,

On 22/12/15 19:01, waterlan wrote:

>> On 11/20/2015 21:24, Erwin Waterlander wrote:
>>> I uploaded a new version (7.3.2) of dos2unix for msys and mingw.
>>> Somebody can update the catalog. I have no permission.
>>
>> As I remember, Keith revoked temporarily your git permission due
>> to some issue about file attributes changing every time you pushed
>> [*].
>
> I think I missed this message in Aug 2014, because I don't remember
> it. I learned about it when Keith sent me a message this year. I told
> Keith I don't need write permission any more, but now I would like to
> have it back. Recently I learned the problem was caused by Cygwin's
> ACL handling.
Great!  Since you now have a handle on the issue, I've reinstated your
commit access; hopefully, you should now be able to commit your changes
without corrupting the repository.

> See attachment.
> If you apply the patch I can upload the new .lzma files.

Please go ahead and commit your own changes.  I'll check after you've
done so; hopefully, the problem will not recur, but if it does, we can
investigate further.

Re: new dos2unix uploaded

Keith Marshall-3
Hi Erwin,

On 28/12/15 19:35, Keith Marshall wrote:
> Please go ahead and commit your own changes.  I'll check after you've
> done so; hopefully, the problem will not recur, but if it does, we can
> investigate further.

I see you've done that now, and I've pulled your changes to my own
sandbox; all looks good, now -- bogus executable attributes have not
reappeared.  Thanks.

Re: new dos2unix uploaded

waterlan
Keith Marshall schreef op 2015-12-29 23:55:

> Hi Erwin,
>
> On 28/12/15 19:35, Keith Marshall wrote:
>> Please go ahead and commit your own changes.  I'll check after you've
>> done so; hopefully, the problem will not recur, but if it does, we can
>> investigate further.
>
> I see you've done that now, and I've pulled your changes to my own
> sandbox; all looks good, now -- bogus executable attributes have not
> reappeared.  Thanks.

Yes. Thanks for reinstating commit access.

best regards,