newbie errors

Ralph Hipps
ok, figured this out. Based on a suggestion, tried using the 32 bit version of the Aardvark API instead of the 64 bit version, success!

since I'm on Win7-64, I assumed 64 bit API, but I guess the MinGW executable is called mingw32.exe for a reason.

duh.

Thanks to all that helped me out on this.

Ralph

>+<
 |    /\
 |___/  \
 O O O
      IRS!
In the twenty-first century, the robot will take the place
which slave labor occupied in ancient civilization.
 -- Nikola Tesla