(no subject)

Farley W Graves
Farley W Graves wrote:
> Hi, I wish to use MinGW, what is IDE to use?
>
> Thanks

I've used MinGW with VisualMinGW (
http://visual-mingw.sourceforge.net/)
and DevCpp (
http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html).

I'm also aware of some other IDEs which should work with MinGW:
 - VIDE (
http://www.objectcentral.com/vide.htm)
 - Eclipse with C/C++ IDE (
http://www.eclipse.org/)
 - Code::Blocks (
http://www.codeblocks.org/)

Robert
--
Robert Bachmann <
[hidden email]> (OpenPGP KeyID: 0x4A5CCF10)

So I should point Dev C++ to Mingw? I happen to own the cd version of Dev C++ but I it was to limited.

Re: (no subject)

John Vandenberg
Hi Farley,

On 7/1/05, Farley W Graves <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Farley W Graves wrote:
> > Hi, I wish to use MinGW, what is IDE to use?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> I've used MinGW with VisualMinGW
> (http://visual-mingw.sourceforge.net/)
> and DevCpp (http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html).
>
> I'm also aware of some other IDEs which should work with MinGW:
>  - VIDE (http://www.objectcentral.com/vide.htm)
>  - Eclipse with C/C++ IDE (http://www.eclipse.org/)
>  - Code::Blocks (http://www.codeblocks.org/)
>
> Robert
> --
> Robert Bachmann <[hidden email]> (OpenPGP KeyID: 0x4A5CCF10)
>

> So I should point Dev C++ to Mingw? I happen to own the cd version of Dev
> C++ but I it was to limited.

What version did you trial?  Version 5 is a major improvement overall,
and includes features such as CVS support, Class Browser and XP Theme.

As you are new to MinGW and DevCpp, try the installer "with Mingw/GCC"
and it should `just work'.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dev-cpp/devcpp-4.9.9.2_setup.exe

John