regarding HOME/END/DELETE keys in msys console

regarding HOME/END/DELETE keys in msys console

ginzzer
Hi there,
  I just upgraded my msys to the latest version and I figure out the
HOME/END and DELETE keys doesn't really work in the new console (sorry I
didn't remember if it works in the original version too), whenever I
press HOME/END/DELETE, it shows '~' instead. I search online and leads
me to http://www.mingw.org/wiki/Configure_RXVT, I follow the
instructions and tried

1) remove the rxvt.exe, but it doesn't help
2) I modify the ~/.inputrc with the following
      set completion-query-items 100
      set completion-ignore-case on
      set show-all-if-ambiguous off

      set input-meta on
      set output-meta on
      set convert-meta off
      set bell-style none

      "\e[2~": paste-from-clipboard
      "\e[3~": delete-char
      "\e[5~": beginning-of-history
      "\e[6~": end-of-history
      "\e[7~": beginning-of-line
      "\e[8~": end-of-line

then DELETE key seems work  but HOME/END still doesn't work.

I have the mingw/msys installed on windows7 x64. Any hint to solve the
problem will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: regarding HOME/END/DELETE keys in msys console

Earnie Boyd
On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 1:16 AM, ginzzer wrote:

Please discuss this at [hidden email] instead of this list.