some ports that might be interresting to others

some ports that might be interresting to others

Ralph Engels
Hello,
I  successfully  ported  a  few things to Msys that might be of use to
others.

rsync 3.8 (tested and fully working).
OpenSP 1.5.2 (ported from original).
OpenJade 1.3.3.1 (ported from cygwin repo).
cocom 0996 (ported from cygwin repo).
libgcrypt  1.5.0  (ported  from  original)  needs  to  be  built  with
-disable-asm
libgpg-error 1.10 (ported from original)
libxslt 1.1.26 (ported from original) used by docbook.
docbook (ported from cygwins works great).
coreutils-1.10-1 (ported from cygwin repo needed quite a few hacks but
seems to work now).

I can make a patchset from my sources for you to review, the tools can
allready be downloaded from my own project page at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cbadvanced/files/

But  it  might  be  better  saving  these  ports  on as many places as
possible  as  i noticed someone allready had success porting rsync but
went awol so the patchset was lost.

Best Wishes Ralph Engels.

Re: some ports that might be interresting to others

Teemu Nätkinniemi
On 18.8.2011 14:47, ralph engels wrote:

> coreutils-1.10-1 (ported from cygwin repo needed quite a few hacks but
> seems to work now).

Did you use existing patches from the Msys coreutils or just Cygwin's?

Teemu

Re: some ports that might be interresting to others

Ralph Engels
Hello Teemu,

> On 18.8.2011 14:47, ralph engels wrote:

>> coreutils-1.10-1 (ported from cygwin repo needed quite a few hacks but
>> seems to work now).

> Did you use existing patches from the Msys coreutils or just Cygwin's?

> Teemu

I used part of the existing from msys coreutils besides cygwins. i had
to  change a few things because the first build would make executables
with no permissions on win32. Atm they are on my site as a beta cause
im not totally sure my fixing the permission problem is 100% correct.
also  i  had  to  remove EILSEQ calls and replace them by EINVAL since
msys   api   seems   to  lack  this  define. Also there was a few more
places with reopen that needed to be disabled on msys.

--
Best regards,
 ralph                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: some ports that might be interresting to others

Vincent Torri-2

Hey,

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011, ralph engels wrote:

> Hello,
> I  successfully  ported  a  few things to Msys that might be of use to
> others.
>
> rsync 3.8 (tested and fully working).
> OpenSP 1.5.2 (ported from original).
> OpenJade 1.3.3.1 (ported from cygwin repo).
> cocom 0996 (ported from cygwin repo).
> libgcrypt  1.5.0  (ported  from  original)  needs  to  be  built  with
> -disable-asm
> libgpg-error 1.10 (ported from original)
> libxslt 1.1.26 (ported from original) used by docbook.
> docbook (ported from cygwins works great).
> coreutils-1.10-1 (ported from cygwin repo needed quite a few hacks but
> seems to work now).

I did some mingw packages for some of them (installable with mingw-get) :

libgpg-error
libgrypt

and another dozen more (libcurl and some dependencies)

Vincent Torri

Den 25-08-2011 16:59, Vincent Torri skrev:

> I did some mingw packages for some of them (installable with mingw-get) :
>
> libgpg-error
> libgrypt
>
> and another dozen more (libcurl and some dependencies)
>
> Vincent Torri

Sounds good Vincent. Hopefully they will prove usefull to others.
If anyone have special wishes for something to be ported to Msys let me
know.

Best Wishes Ralph Engels (revelator)

Re: some ports that might be interresting to others

Charles Wilson-8
On 8/18/2011 7:47 AM, ralph engels wrote:
> rsync 3.8 (tested and fully working).

FYI, I've taken your (and Cesar Romero's) port of msys-rsync and created
a mingw-get compatible package set from it, along with an .xml manifest.
I'll be adding that to the distro soon.  Thanks for your work.

--
Chuck

Re: some ports that might be interresting to others

Ralph Engels
Most welcome. Its one tool i was sorely missing from msys toolset, so
its great to hear it made it into the official package. If theres
anything else i can help with let me know.

Best wishes Ralph Engels