symbol table not found

Rhythm Chopra
I'm having trouble installing numpy 1.10.1 with mingw32 gcc4.5.1 compiler.
Installation terminates with following error:

generate_def(dll_file, def_file)
File "C:\Users\HPLAPI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-_z9wpckp\numpy\numpy\
distutils\mingw32ccompiler.py", line 299, in generate_def
raise ValueError("Symbol table not found")
ValueError: Symbol table not found

please resolve the issue ..
need a solution really soon...

Re: symbol table not found

asmwarrior
On 2015-11-1 16:59, Rhythm Chopra wrote:

> I'm having trouble installing numpy 1.10.1 with mingw32 gcc4.5.1 compiler.
> Installation terminates with following error:
>
> generate_def(dll_file, def_file)
> File "C:\Users\HPLAPI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-_z9wpckp\numpy\numpy\
> distutils\mingw32ccompiler.py", line 299, in generate_def
> raise ValueError("Symbol table not found")
> ValueError: Symbol table not found
>
> please resolve the issue ..
> need a solution really soon...

Are you building numpy from mingw32 gcc compiler?
As I know, you can install the numpy official prebuild binaries.

Asmwarrior