troubles re-installing MinGW-W64

Euchner, Martin

Dear experts,

I’m trying to completely re-install (this time the 64bit version) the MinGW-W64 online installer

mingw-w64-install.exe

Settings: all default as provided in GUI (Version=7.1.0, Architecture i686, Threads=posix, Exception=dwarf, Built revision=1).

Installation folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\mingw-w64\i686-7.1.0-posix-dwarf-rt_v5-rev1

Downloading file… File: i686-7.1.0-release-posix-dwarf-rt-v5-rev1.7z

Error pop-up window: Installing i686-7.1.0-posix-dwarf-rt_V5-rev1

The file has been downloaded incorrectly!

Abort.

I used several different mirrors for mingw-w64-install.exe but the result has been the same. Any ideas what’s wrong here?

Regards,

Martin.

Re: troubles re-installing MinGW-W64

niXman-2
Euchner, Martin 2017-07-25 09:44:
> Dear experts,

Hi,

> I'm trying to completely re-install (this time the 64bit version) the
> MinGW-W64 online installer
> mingw-w64-install.exe
> Settings: all default as provided in GUI (Version=7.1.0, Architecture
> i686, Threads=posix, Exception=dwarf, Built revision=1).
> Installation folder: C:\Program Files
> (x86)\mingw-w64\i686-7.1.0-posix-dwarf-rt_v5-rev1
>
> Downloading file... File: i686-7.1.0-release-posix-dwarf-rt-v5-rev1.7z
>
> Error pop-up window: Installing i686-7.1.0-posix-dwarf-rt_V5-rev1
> The file has been downloaded incorrectly!
>
> Abort.
>
> I used several different mirrors for mingw-w64-install.exe but the
> result has been the same. Any ideas what's wrong here?

Works for me.
Read the my last comment: https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/bugs/558/

--
Regards, niXman

Re: troubles re-installing MinGW-W64

Peter Rockett
On 25/07/17 07:44, Euchner, Martin wrote:

Dear experts,

I’m trying to completely re-install (this time the 64bit version) the MinGW-W64 online installer

mingw-w64-install.exe

...snip

I used several different mirrors for mingw-w64-install.exe but the result has been the same.

Any ideas what’s wrong here?

Yes. You have sent this to the wrong mailing list! 32-bit tools only here...

P.

Regards,

Martin.

Also: [hidden email]